My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. Contact me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Hearts for Hearts 14 Inch dolls


This is the "Hearts for Hearts Girls" doll line.
Left to Right
Rahel, Shola, Mosi, Lilian, Tipi
Nahji, Dell, Lauryce,Consuelo and Zelia


I was lucky to find 2 dolls still on the shelf at a local Toys R Us store.


We chose Dell, who we renamed Amy Adelle

And Mosi who we renamed Layla Lily

These dolls were produced by Playmates Toys.
I say 'were' because, sadly, they are no longer in production.

A portion of the sale price of each doll sold would go towards helping real girls in the countries the dolls represent.  
  

What a great idea, but sadly it didn't pan out for the toy company, 
or these dolls would still be on the shelves.


This has made them very interesting to collectors.  
They are now going on Ebay and Amazon from around $40 on up.  


Nahji, the Indian Doll, is now very rare and sells for over a $100 new.


I personally love the Hearts for Hearts Girl dolls.  
They are well made with lovely features.  
Their eyes are beautiful, although I have read that some dolls eyes have a tendency to turn different colors. So far no trouble with my 2 dolls, but it is early days with us.

Their hair is rooted, but very nice and shiny.  The hair is soft and brushable.  
Our Amy fell into this lake and I had to wash her hair.  (fishy smell)
It retained it's curl and looks just as beautiful as before.
  
We have made some clothes for our dolls using patterns we found online for free.
Pinterest is a great place to find free doll patterns.


Here is the pattern for the top Layla is wearing below.
Print it out on 8.5 x 11" paper.  
(I skipped the pocket)

 These dolls can also wear almost any other clothes for 14" dolls like
Groovy Girls, and Corelle Les Cheries Doll clothes.
I have also found lots of reasonably priced clothes on Etsy and Ebay.

Some other options for 14" doll clothes:

Below is a Build a Bear dress I made over to fit our H4H dolls

AND another clothes makeover from Ebay.

I just wanted to share the little I have learned about Hearts for Hearts Girl Dolls.
I recommend them as a play doll or as an addition to a collection.




No comments: