My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. Contact me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, September 10, 2015

1972 Crissy Dolls!


Another favorite doll from my childhood
Was the Ideal Crissy doll.
Well I found two at a thrift store!
 They are looking a little rough.
They are both from 1972.
That is an original Crissy dress on the left.

 Hair is pretty messy.

A bit of matting here.

 One of the dolls had this bit of green fabric glued to her shoulder.
I got most of it off, but not all.

Both dolls got a baking soda bath.
Amazingly neither of these dolls had any odor.

 Washed hair with wig shampoo and conditioner.

 Careful hair brushing and I left these two to dry
while I went off to my sewing room.


I went through my patterns and found this.
A nice A-line dress for a slimmer doll.
A couple hours later and...

TADA!!


 Both dolls hair came out silky & shiny!

Sophie came in while I was dressing these two and said 
she thought they should be called, "Lisa" and "Sarah".

 Lisa & Sarah

BEFORE & AFTER

Update:

 One of the dolls came in this strange vinyl
dress.  I decided to use it to make go-go boots.



I think they turned out cute!

No comments: