My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. I love comments and always answer every one!

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A 1956 American Character Toni Doll


I found this doll in a thrift store (of course!)
She still has her Vintage American Character Wool Coat.
 Sadly she had no other clothes or shoes.
You can see the coat in image #5


Her face and hair are in pretty good condition.
She is dirty and looks a little faded.

 She had some dirt here.

 Hair was messy and musty.

 Her stamp on the middle of her back.

 I gave her a baking soda bath.

 I found more dirt on her arm.

 Washed her hair with wig shampoo.

 Fresh and clean.

Hair looks brighter.

First thing I made her some lingerie.

 
Then I made a Tartan dress with wool hat.



 Here is her Camel Coat.

Coat and Hat.

 And here she is in a blue satin evening gown and wrap.




Another great addition to my collection!

5 comments:

Temporary Mouse said...

You did a lovely job! Just got my own battered Toni and am totally in love. So dainty!

Brenda and Sophie said...

I know me too! At first I thought I would resell her but I fell in love!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Oh and I forgot to say thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

You are incredibly talented!
Sina

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you so much. You know how much I enjoy my dolls.