My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. Contact me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Bookshelf Dollhouse - changes and additions


I have been slowly putting together a dollhouse for Toni and Alice.
I have been happy with my progress but thought that they needed back walls.
SO! I got on my computer and started creating background walls.

My background walls are posterboard covered in paper.

I have created a plain wall printable in 2 colors for readers to print.
Click on these images and save them to your computer. Then print them out!
I used 3 sheets for each wall in my house. 
I find that when gluing paper that gluesticks work best because they don't cause rippling.


The first wall I created was for the kitchen.  YES! I made a KITCHEN.
The stove and refrigerator are both cardboard covered in paper.
I looked for a Barbie-size kitchen set, but I wanted something that looked from the 1950s.
So, I decided I better just make something myself.

My pedestal table is a glass candle stick with a wood top.
My stool is also a candlestick placed upside down.

The fridge - again - just a box covered in paper printout.

I have even made some dinner plates.
(There will be a tutorial and printables for the plates at the bottom of this article.)

Just below the kitchen is Toni's room.
BEFORE and...
AFTER!
My walls are attached with pushpins in the back.
Is it just me or does this room look bigger?
I have also sewn a gathered table cover for Toni's dressing table.

Next is Alice's room.
BEFORE and...
After!

She has some Raggedy Ann artwork. 
Now she needs a little Raggedy Ann doll, hmm.

And finally is the Living Room.
BEFORE and... 
AFTER!
Everything feels so homey!

And here is the whole bookcase house.




Dinner plate tutorial
Click on this image and save to your picture file on your computer to print.

 You will need a plate printable, scissors, clear plastic plates and a gluestick.


 I put a nice coat of glue on each plate image.

 Then just press the plate onto your paper.


I put a heavy weight on my plates until they dried.

After they are dry, carefully cut out your plates.

*note* I found the plates with dark rims were easier to cut out.
These white plates I had a harder time making them look right.
Even though these plates are really completely flat, they look very realistic!
Well, I hope you enjoyed this dollhouse tour.
We would love to hear what you think!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This doll house is absolutely enchanting! So pretty!
Fawn

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Fawn! I love creating mini houses and mini accessories! I never seem to rach a point when I don't have a project. :)