My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. I love comments and always answer every one!

Thursday, February 11, 2016

DIY Dollcase


I love doll cases and doll trunks.  
When I was a little girl, I loved the idea of being able to pack my doll in a portable dressing room/bedroom and take her to grandma's house.
I saw this Betsy McCall case and LOVED it!
But, the price was a bit high.  Sigh.
SO, as usual I thought, "I wonder if I can make something?

 I've had this little case sitting around for a long time.
I think it once held stationary.

 It has a magnet that holds the lid closed.

It's a cardboard box covered in vinyl and fabric.

 I made a little mattress.  Eggcrate covered in fabric.

 A cardboard headboard covered in satin, with just a tiny bit of
batting to give it softness.

A matching pillow and fabric bedcover.

 For storing small items I took a cardboard
jewelry box and covered it in matching fabric.

On the top of the box I added a ruffled skirt.

Ta da! A side table and storage box.
BUT, it still needs something....A background!

Went back to my computer and created a
backdrop similar to my dollhouse
backgrounds. You can see our whole dollhouse here.

 AH!  Much better!

Add some decorative pieces and...

Betsy and Ann complete our case.

And everything fits back in the case for storage 
or a trip to Grandma's!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! You always have the best DIY ideas.
Fawn

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Fawn! I always like hearing other doll lovers enjoy my ideas!