My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. Contact me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Hearts for Hearts doll Nahji

I kind of fell in love with Nahji 3 years ago when I first saw her on a store shelf.
I was trying to be disciplined at the time and decided not to purchase her.

She is the Hearts for Hearts Doll from India.  She is wearing a Punjabi style dress
and even has Henna designs on one hand. Just very pretty!
Since I first found out about a year ago that these dolls were no longer being made, I bought 2 while there were still a few on the shelves.  

First I found a Dell
Then I found a Mosi
They have such lovely faces and such nice details.
Their hair is also VERY nice for a doll of this price.

When I started looking on the secondary market for a Nahji doll 
I quickly found out that they are hard to find and EXPENSIVE!  
On Ebay they were selling for around $75 - $150+.
WOW!
Just the other day, I saw this girl on ebay for $35.
I made an offer of $25 and the offer was accepted!!
 These were the only photos of her that were posted.
I was concerned that her hair might have been cut.
She was definitely played with, but she had her necklace and earrings and her original outfit except for her shoes.  BUT! I already had her shoes from a lot I purchased for my other two H4H dolls!

When she arrived I couldn't wait to open the box and see her for myself.

 Imagine my excitement when I saw she still had her hairband!

 On first inspection, her hair looked pretty bad.

After I removed her hairband I realized it wasn't as bad as I first thought.
She was also very clean and had no odors!

And here she is after just a careful hair brushing!

OH! And while I was waiting for her to arrive I did a little sewing...

 This is from some remnant fabric I found
at the craft store.

 This I made from a thrift store tee shirt.

AND...
This is the Chai Time outfit.  I decided to go thrifting for
some fabric that might work for an outfit like this.

This is what I came up with!
 I made this from a skirt I found.



Not too bad!

Just one more thing.  I was looking up the name Nahji and could not find it anywhere!
What I did find was the name Naija which means "Daughter of Wisdom". 
So we will call her Naija.

No comments: