My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. I love comments and always answer every one!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Doll shoes - second addition

Doll shoes can be a tricky purchase. For this reason I like to share
what I have learned about sizing and which dolls wear which size.

My most recent purchases are these 2 pair of pink flats.

I know many collectors prefer the vintage Crissy doll shoes.
Vintage Crissy Shoes
I have a couple pair of the vintage shoes, but when they sell
for around $15 I wanted some more choices.

 The Dark Pink flats are 58mm and fit my Crissy doll

 And my Miss Chips dolls. 

 The Light pink flats are 54mm

and fit Velvet, Cricket and

My heart for heart dolls.
The eBay listing also said these shoes fit Wellie Wisher dolls.

I purchased these shoes on ebay from
I have purchased from her more than once and I have never been disappointed.

The quality is great and you can see in these side
shots that the shoes have great fit.

I have included my doll shoe size chart below.
I made this to help me remember the different sizes
my doll shoes come in.  I have had the best luck going by foot 
measurement in inches (in.) or millimeter, (mm) rather than size. (size 8, size 6, etc.)

I hope this helps!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly the information I need. Most of my dolls are rescues from yard sales and thrift stores and they seldom come with shoes. I have tried making my own shoes but have been disappointed with the results and have been confused by size listings on websites often wishing that instead of giving the size in mms they would simply say what doll fits the shoe. Thank you so much. This will be a big help.
Fawn

Brenda and Sophie said...

I am so glad this helps Fawn! I too get most of my dolls from thrift stores, so shoes are always a struggle. I have made some doll shoes, but it is hard and mine never look very good, haha! I have gathered this info through trial and error and I have been able to get some really cute shoes!