My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. Contact me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Fun stuff from a Friend

Last week a friend came to visit me.  She had recently emptied a storage unit and found some doll items she thought I might like. Some of the items had been her daughters, and some had been hers. Of course I would like them!

 These are some sculpy clay creations that her daughter played 
with when she was little. They are all the perfect size to fit in Toni's kitchen.

 Aren't these adorable?


Toni getting ready for a feast.

 Next was this vintage hand knit baby sweater.

Very sweet.

 This adorable flannel night gown that was made for THEIR
Kirsten doll nearly 12 or 13 years ago.

How cute is that?

And the best thing in my opinion...
This little fur coat and hat made by her mother for her 
when she was a girl.  The coat would fit a 14" or possibly a 16" doll,
 I decided to put it on my Cricket.

 She needed some furry boots, so I made her these.

 I added this bit of color and bling to the hat.

This pink buckle is just a pin that happened to be in the bag with the doll clothes.

Cricket is ready for some cold weather now!

Thank you my dear friends for sharing these with me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What nice doll items you received from your friend. I especially like the fur coat and hat. Enjoy!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Your friend gave you a lot of very nice things for your dolls. The nightgown for Kirsten is my favorite. Have fun.
Marion

Anonymous said...

I love it! The pink boots you made is gorgeous. Thank You for sharing.
Marilyn

Brenda and Sophie said...

Yes I think so too! I had fun giving the coat and hat a makeover. They were for a doll she used to have, so it made her happy to see it used again.

Brenda and Sophie said...

THanks Marilyn, it is a pretty simple pattern, I think I found it on Pinterest.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Marion, I was pretty happy to get these items. I do love Kirsten's nightgown. It looks perfect on her too!

Joanne Freeman said...

Love seeing these darling things get a new life! You have such a talent for reusing, recycling and giving makeovers! Glad to see them again, my friend!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you for thinking of me when you found them. Hugs