My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. I love comments and always answer every one!

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Effanbee 1965 Campfire Girl Doll

 I found this 1965 Campfire doll at a thrift store.

 She had her hat and her full uniform, only missing her socks.

 She was very dirty.

 She has stains on her feet from her black shoes.

 Her clothes had the usual musty age odor of older dolls.

 I almost didn't wash her hair, but I'm glad I did.

Her hair was definitely more shiny for the wash.

 I used my usual wig shampoo and conditioner and baking soda paste for her body.

 Her clothes were put in a soak while she had her bath.


 It's gratifying to see all this dirt come away.

 Sadly she has some discoloration on her body.

 The stains on her feet would not come out.
I may try a benzoyl peroxide treatment.

 While her clothes are dying I dressed her in a vintage dress.

 She still has a few flyaway hairs, but smells fresh.

Very sweet!

She borrowed a nightie from my Hearts for Hearts dolls.

 The next morning her clothes were pressed.

 Here she is with new socks.

Fresh and clean!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great find. Enjoy!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a wonderful find.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Your doll is lovely. You did a great job on her.
Marilyn

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. I think she came out very nice.

Anonymous said...

Once again, you have worked your magic. She is a cutie!
I was gifted a doll from a friend and her wrist tag says she is a Madame Alexander, however she has no markings on her body or the back of her head to confirm it. Could you help me identify her if I sent you a picture?
Fawn

Brenda and Sophie said...

THank you Fawn. Yes, send a picture to sopsavage@gmail.com