My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. Contact me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, February 04, 2017

New Dresses for Alice


I recently posted about having carelessly let a whole box of doll clothes I had made get thrown out.
Yes, I did.  Because I did not look in a box- all gone.

 Alice's original Wonderland dress was in the box.

 As was this blue dress I handmade and...

these two matching Christmas dresses I made and some more.  I was so upset and wondered for awhile what I would do.  I finally decided to look for pre-made dresses online. I first found dresses from the 1950s for Toni. Lately I have been searching for dresses for my 8" Alice.

The first dress I found was this Madame Alexander blue striped dress.  I thought this might make a great Alice in Wonderland replacement dress! I would have to add an apron and shoes, but I liked it. I waited for it to arrive to be sure it would fit - it fit perfect! So I started looking for other Madame Alexander dresses.  Next came this dress...

The ad said this was a Canadian dress.  I liked the green dress and the bonnet was adorable!  I am not so fond of the purple apron and collar.  I thought it would really be sweet with a white apron. SO, I set it aside and kept looking.


Next I found an ad with TWO dresses together.  I snapped them up and they are adorable!

 I think these are both Little Women dresses. This is Meg's dress

                I love the little pin decoration at the collar - so sweet!

         And this is Beth's dress.  Look at those tiny pleats!

               These dresses are so adorable and have such beautiful details!

 Remember the Canada dress?  I added Meg's apron and doesn't it look great!?

Love this bonnet.

As I was getting ready to snap photos of Alice's new dresses I realized I still needed an apron for her Wonderland dress. 
                  And here it is!  I love how this turned out. Here she is all ready for adventure.

 
I used some bric-a-brac I had in my fabric bin. 
Not bad, I think I like it.

I almost forgot! Look at these adorable shoes and stripe stockings!

So, Alice and Toni have a new wardrobe and I have had fun shopping for them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! Alice's new dress is so much prettier than her original one. And those shoes and socks are to die for!
Fawn

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Fawn, I feel the same. I think I improved her Alice look, if I do say so myself.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you got threw out all those lovely clothes that you made, but the new ones you made are beautiful as well.

Sina

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you Sina! I love them.