My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Shirley Temple Doll


I was thrifting yesterday and I found this Shirley Temple doll.
She is an Ideal 1958 Shirley Temple doll, 14" tall.
She is VERY dirty but amazingly still had her original dress.

 
She has these adorable dimples.
Some of her curls are intact.

The back of her hair is not so good.

AS I said VERY dirty.
  
She had some green marks on her forehead

And some red marks on her legs.

 Her dress and panties were dirty as well.
Her panties will need new elastic.

I gathered my usual cleaning crew.

And set her dress and panties to soak in cold water 
with a few drops of Dawn.

She has rooted hair so I was able to really lather her up.

I left the shampoo to soak in her hair while I started 
cleaning her body and this was left behind - YUK!
I rinsed her hair and washed it a second time.

I happened to have these 2 doll dresses that fit her!
So she wore one of these while her yellow dress dried.

Her curls needed some help so I rolled her up in straws.
This works great for small dolls. I also use the small
size bobby pins to help hold them in place.

HERE SHE IS!!

Her dress had lost some kind of decoration missing from the 
front so I decided to add a bow.
I put new elastic in her panties and made her
a crinoline to go under her skirt.

She is waiting for some new shoes.
Until then Bennet will keep her toes warm.


SO ADORABLE!

Here she is in her green dress.

Here is the back of her hair - much better.

Her she is in the red stripe sundress.

And this is a Muffy Vanderbear dress that I decided to try on.
Pretty cute, but needs some fitting.


Definitely a keeper!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the great find. She is beautiful.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Shirley Temple looks brand new. You did a wonderful job.
Marion

Anonymous said...

You did the hair perfectly. What a great find.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan, I am so excited about this find! I am very happy with how she came out. I agree that she is lovely, such an expressive face.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Marion, I am very happy with how Shirley came out! I think she is one of my favorites thus far.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn, I saw the straws for curlers somewhere on the web and am I glad! It worked really well. I have been having amazing thrifting luck lately!

Jenny said...

I love the little yellow dress she came in! You really cleaned it up beautifully, as well as Shirley!
Hugs,
Jenny :-)

Savagebd said...

Thank you Jenny,

Shirley was one of my very early vintage restores. I have been amazingly lucky in finding several vintage dolls in their original dresses. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post.

Hugs
Brenda