My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. Contact me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Friday, June 16, 2017

Adding to Cissy's collection

I have been looking at photos of other Cissy Dolls online.
The dresses that were made for Cissy in the 50s are beautiful!
So, I thought maybe I could add to my Cissy's wardrobe.

I have her original blue cotton dress, but I wanted 
at least one other authentic Cissy dress.

I found this taffeta theater dress on eBay. 
Oh and notice it came with 2 pair of shoes!

It has the Cissy label.

Next I saw this nightie and robe set - SO pretty!

This set does not have a tag, but I am pretty certain it is factory made.

This red dress is homemade, but I thought it 
would be fun to see what I could do with it.  

The ad said from the 1950s, but this button looks new, so we'll see.

The Taffeta Theater dress arrived first.
I immediately set it to soak in cold water.
I use Fels-naptha and gently swipe the wet garment with 
the soap until it makes the water soapy. Then I let it soak overnight
A LOT of dust and dirt came out of this dress.

After soaking all night I laid the dress out on a white towel to dry.

Next to arrive was the nightie and robe.
I washed it in the same way as the dress.

after washing I laid the gown out on a towel to dry.

I can't wait to see how this looks!

Ready to press the Taffeta Theater dress.

My husband made me this tiny ironing board.  
I use it regularly on doll clothes.

You can see here how useful this tiny board is!

Here is the theater dress! I think it came out very nice.
  
The front seemed to need something, so I carefully
tacked this little jewel so it will not damage the dress in any way.

Here is her new night set.

 So pretty!

Quite lovely.


Cissy getting ready for a night out.


Ready to go.

 How do I look Bennet?
grrr-ruf
  
It was a lovely evening now time for bed Bennet.

 You need to sleep in your doggy bed!

Grr-ruf!


Coming soon - the red dress.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but wonder, do you have a tiny iron to help press the dresses so beautifully?
Fawn

Brenda Savage said...

Haha! No, I don't but you know I have often wished for one! The full-size iron can be a bit cumbersome when ironing these small items. Grandma's ironing lessons have stood me in good stead in this area. Grandma was a seamstress and taught me how to iron pleats and gathers as well as how to maneuver around small areas - that's where the tiny ironing board helps.

Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing . I especially like the night set. It is a gorgeous color.
Joan

Anonymous said...

All of the outfits are beautiful. Cissy looks extra beautiful in the outfits.
Marion

Anonymous said...

WOW! That ironing board is adorable. Your husband sure is handy. He did a great job. All of Cissy's outfits are lovely. I look forward to the red dress.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Joan, I love the night set too. The pictures really do not do justice to how really pretty it is.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Marion. I have had fun dressing her up and searching for accessories.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Marilyn, my husband is such a good sport. He has helped me so much with so many projects.