My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. Contact me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Doll restorations - Before & After


I love restoring dolls I find in thrift stores.
YES! all these dolls came from thrift stores. It makes me happy giving a discarded doll another life.
Many of these older dolls make me wonder who was the original owner? 
And what happened that these dolls wound up in a thrift store?

I just wanted to have images of my restoration projects in one place.
SO, I thought I would post all my favorite projects. I added links to each doll's makeover story.
Some of these makeovers are in my American Girl Doll Blog, 
so it will take you to another blog - don't worry they are both from me!

One of my earliest makeovers.  I almost left her behind, 
but something made me pick her up again.  I'm glad I did!

I have to say that there is something about Madame Alexander dolls.
These 18" play dolls are not as valuable as say the 
American Girl dolls, but her face is lovely!

This Harmony Club Doll was another doll I almost left behind.
I really had no idea that she would be so lovely after her clean-up.
In this photo above you can see how I softened her lip color a bit.

This hair was a MESS!! But look at it now!

One of my favorite makeovers.  I just love this doll!

This 1958 Shirley Temple doll was a really fun makeover.
I loved making her curls come back to life.  

This baby doll attracted me because she 
looks like my daughter when she was a baby.

My Sophie

I also sometimes do clothes makeovers.
Using this doll's original outfit pieces I made 2 new outfits!

This baby doll was SO dirty.  I was really not sure what I would be able to make of her.

I never expected this doll's hair to look this good.

This is one of the dolls I really wondered about her history. 
Someone had her for a long time.  She still had her original outfit, 
so she was kept intact for many years.
She is so precious!

Many of my dolls need their faces repainted.
This Betsy was one of the hardest because her features were SO small!

Betsy was SO small, but so sweet.
I had another 8" doll, but Betsy was much tinier.


Kirsten after some added lip and cheek color.

Effanbee 1975 Miss Chips doll.

1957 Madame Alexander Cissy Doll. 
This is another doll I wondered about.
She was still wearing her original dress and slip!
This red dress was also a makeover!

Not just dolls get a makeover.  I found this trunk in a thrift store and 
decided to give it a makeover too. This is one of my favorite projects.

WOW! I had forgotten some of these until 
I started looking through my files.
I hope you enjoyed seeing these transformations
 as much as I did making them happen.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing.
joan

Anonymous said...

I love every make over. You did a great job.
Marion

Anonymous said...

You are very talented. Sophie is the cutest doll.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the post Joan!

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Marion, I love makeovers. It is so rewarding to take a doll that has been discarded and give her a new life.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Marilyn, I agree that Sophie is my best and cutest doll. She is bigger than me now! sigh

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your makeovers! You work magic!
Fawn

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Fawn, makeovers are my favorite!