My Dolls

My Dolls
Click the picture to see my dolls. Contact me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, June 19, 2017

The Red Dress

I mentioned this red dress on my previous post.

I got this on eBay.  I was wondering if this dress
was vintage because this gem in front looked plastic.
It was not plastic but the fabric makes me think 1980s.
 It is definitely homemade.

When the dress arrived it had been made to 
fit a larger doll! The hem is much too long.

And the bodice is quite large on Cissy.

Wow, really big!  Now what was I going to do?
For a split second I thought I would return it,
But I got a great deal on it and thought I would fit it to Cissy.

I took in the side seams of the bodice.  Then
I pinned the bodice to Cissy's size and turned down the 
top of the dress to make a fold.

I hand-stitched the bodice and the hem after pinning to Cissy's size.

 Much better!

I moved the snaps in back to snug up the fit.

Next a quick wash.  This dress was very clean.

 After the dress was dry and pressed I started 
experimenting with different looks.

First I tried a blue satin side bow

Not bad, let's see what else...

Next I tried black accessories.

Kind of makes me think of Halloween,  not
what I was going for.

 Next was a big brown bow.
 Hmmm,  not loving it.

Slipped the bow to the back - better.

Next I went for 'less is more.'
I like it.

This is nice.

BUT, then I rummaged through my fabric drawers
and found this piece of periwinkle sheer blue fabric.

How lovely is this!?
  
I think this is my favorite.

What do you think?
Any ideas for me to try?


No comments: