I came across this little dress and matching coat recently on eBay.
The ad said that they thought they were made for Barbie,
but I knew better! Barbie is slimmer with a
longer torso, so her dresses will be longer in the bodice.
Well, needless to say I got them!
When this outfit arrived, I washed and soaked it.
I was hoping to get some of the yellow out of the dress.
After soaking overnight I laid the dress and coat on a towel to dry.
Some of the yellow came out.
Look how cute this fabric is.
After pressing everything - here it is!
The swing coat is corduroy.
The coat is lined with the same fabric as the dress.
Only when I pressed this dress did I realize it was
taffeta! - not cotton as I had thought.
There is a tiny tear in the neckline.
I fray-checked it and will figure out something to
do to hide the tear and keep it from getting worse.
Here is a close-up of the fabric.
After careful consideration I decided to add
these 2 tiny pearl buttons to cover the tear in the bodice.
I think this should keep the tear from getting worse.
I am happy with the result.
Very pretty Toni!