My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, April 12, 2015

1975 Madame Alexander Puddin' Crier doll


 I recently found this Madame Alexander baby doll at a thrift store for $2.00
 She was wearing this horrible dress that was not original.




 She was very dirty and had ink marks.


 I gave her a bath with baking soda and water, just rubbing her vinyl skin with a 
washcloth dampened in the paste.  All the marks came off!

 I selected a dress I had made for an 18" doll I already had.

 AND HERE SHE IS!

 1975 "Puddin" crier doll,
The pink is beautiful against her skin and brings out
her rosy cheeks.  The right outfit can make the doll!

 Before & After


4 comments:

Marimay said...

Well done Brenda, this is something i love to do too, its very satisfying to give a doll a second chance. I will try the baking soda next time as it seems to do wonders for marks on the vinyl.
I like that you seem to be fond of all types of dolls which makes it interesting for us as well. Thank you for your tutorials and lovely pictures, i shall be a frequent visitor now. best wishes Marimay (u.k.)

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marimay!

I enjoy doll makeovers too, obviously, haha! Another great cleaning tool I use is a magic eraser sponge. It does just as good a job as the baking soda but no gritt-ness left over.

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Adorable

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
Hugs
Brenda