My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, February 16, 2020

An Afternoon Tea Party

(in a high Raggedy Ann voice)
"C'mon Andy you should play with me now
not your stupid train!"

(gruf Raggedy Andy voice)
"And do what? I like trains!"
Both girls giggle.

Hey you two, do you want to come to tea?
Cissy and I are all ready to go.

Do we have to sit still and be proper?

You know you have to act proper at tea Honey.

We just stood still all morning taking pictures
of our dresses! I wanna play dolls!

Me too! Can't we stay here Emily?
PUH-lease!!

I tried my best to convince them but they wanted to play dolls.

It wasn't so long ago when we preferred dolls too!

I guess you're right. Ah well, we'll probably have a more
relaxing tea without two squirmy giggly girls.

Very true.
This cake is scrumptious!


SOME MORE TEA HOUSE PHOTOS

Our friend Dorothy suggested the girls should all go 
to tea after their fashion show, so that is exactly
What we did!
The miniature napkins came from my dear friend Sally as well
as the full-size napkin that I used for   a table cloth.

These are pieces I've collected over the years.
Some of you may recognize the American Girl Doll
pieces from Felicity's Colonial Tea collection.

I made this tea room from a  tri-fold project 
display board.  Don't look TOO close.
The walls are covered in fabric I've had 
for a long time and never used.

 Another shot of the Tea side board.

The windows are paper cutouts and the chair rail is 
a piece of heavy elastic. I woke up this morning 
and put this all together!

I hope you enjoyed our tea party!

11 comments:

Savagebd said...

Thank you Linda! I love miniatures, and I love using them alongside the dolls. I am so pleased you enjoyed it!

Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

Oh how wonderful, they DID take tea! I love the room you created. Have you done a tutorial on rooms? I like the idea of fabric for wallpaper.

The ladies looks so elegant at their "proper English tea." What a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Tea and dolls and tea with dolls, it doesn't get any better than that (smile).

Savagebd said...

I'm SO glad you enjoyed the tea party Dorothy! The room was really pretty easy, just watered down white glue and apply the fabric like wallpaper. I agree, tea and dolls and Valentine's Day. There is nothing better! I love tea parties. Pretty dresses and cake. :)

Xanadu said...

Lovely post Brenda! Love the way the room is designed and all the props you have used. Nothing like an afternoon tea to lift the spirits. :)
Big hugs,
X

Savagebd said...

Thank you Xanadu! I truly enjoy making doll rooms as much as I enjoy restoring dolls. Doll rooms are always so tidy and everything is beautiful and so easily redecorated. :) This Tea Party definitely lifted my spirits.

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely. Everything looks like an enjoyable time for the girls. You know how to make the scene become real.
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tea party the girls have done. Everything and every one look so pretty.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

The tea party is lovely. I enjoyed this post immensely. You always fix everything so beautiful. Thank You for sharing.
Marion

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan, I really enjoy creating these scenes. I am glad you enjoyed it. It's not like I'm "playing dolls" or anything, it's really very artistic. (wink)

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marilyn, I love to be surrounded by pretty things. I was not wrong in assuming that my friends would feel the same. :)

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marion, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. That is the reason I do this. I always think, what is the reason for collecting dolls if you can't play a little and share with friends? Unfortunately most of my friends smile indulgently and think my hobby a little childish. So I've gone out into the world, so to speak, to find like-minded friends. :)