My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
WE LOVE COMMENTS!! Comment as Anonymous, just sign your name!!! Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, October 13, 2024

A Little Patsy

 This past Saturday I went to a flea market with my Mother-in-law.
Just LOOK who I found there!

She is an original 14" Patsy wearing her 
original dress. She has a mohair wig. 

She was sold to me by Ruth.
This little girl belonged to Ruth's mother.
I almost walked away, but I think I heard
a tiny whisper to save her.

I think her name is Daisy.

Daisy has her original dress.
She has a mohair wig which I 
cannot save.  It has lost too much hair.

Here she is with her dress and panties.

Dress and panties are set in a gentle soak.

After soaking all night I rinsed and 
soaked again for a couple hours.
when the soak water no longer gets 
dirty I rinse and lay flat to dry.

Next morning I took her apart 
and removed her wig.
You can see her paint is flaking off.

You can see her swirls of hair
under the wig.

The back of her neck is pulling away.

Paint is completely gone from her toes...

and her forearm...

And sadly her thumb is missing!

BUT

None of this causes me anxiety,
All will be well!

Here are some examples for how
I hope Daisy turns out.
In particular I am looking at these 
wigs as examples of what Id like 
to order for daisy.

1930s Patsy

1930s Patsy Joan
These are examples of what her
hairstayle should look like.

Here are some doll wigs I am considering.
Tell me which ones you  like best.

Wig 1 - auburn

Wig 2 - blonde

Wig 3 - blonde

Wig 4 - Auburn

Let me know which wig you like best!
Stay tuned for more about Daisy's restoration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wig 4 looks the most like the antique wigs. I would suggest something that is not shiny; perhaps a mohair one.

Susan in AZ

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Susan,
Thank you. I like that wig too. I did look for mohair wigs, but they were all very victorian in style. I will keep looking. I have time, Daisy will not be a quick project!
Hugs
Brenda