My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Two New Dolls


 I recently found two new dolls on eBay.
 
This first little girl is 8.5" tall. 

She is an artist made composition doll.
She looks like a Patsyette doll, but she's not.

 Do you ever see a doll and just fall in love?
 Well, that's what happened to me.

Here she is on her little bed holding a 3" Ann I made.


The second doll is a Madame Alexander 14" doll.
 The seller thought she might be a Wendy Bride doll, but wasn't sure.

Here she is right out of the box.

She needs a little TLC.
  
 I put her dress and veil in to soak.

After that I gave her a borrowed dress
and worked over her hair.
 The netting is a good way to re-train the doll's hair to lay flat.

Here she is!

She still needs a little more work on her hair,
but so improved!

This little dress looks so good on her.

Here she is in another borrowed dress.

Very sweet!


 Here they are together.


OH! Wait!


You'll want to see Wendy in her brides dress, right?

Here she is!
Sadly, the netting of this dress is quite fragile, 
so probably won't put it on very often.

 Very pretty!


15 comments:

Dolly Blessings said...

Good Morning, Brenda! What wonderful finds! I especially love that little Patsy look-a-like. You have done wonders with the bride doll. If they could only talk! :o)

Brenda Savage said...

Good morning Carolyn. I love doing makeovers on dolls. Most of my doll collection has come from thrift stores, so I have learned over the years how to clean and do simple restoration. It is so satisfying to give a doll a second life.

Brenda Savage said...

Oh! Yes, the Patseyette doll is SO sweet. THe pictures do not do her justice. I am adding one more photo of her.

Anonymous said...

What great finds. The Patsyette doll is adorable, The Wendy doll is a beauty.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your two new dolls. All of the outfits look good on the Madame Alexander doll.
Marion

Dolly Blessings said...

I used to restore doll too. That's how I started collecting them. I would buy the sad ones on ebay and fix them up and re-sell them. Some of them stayed with me a long time before I let them go. It was YEARS before I gave myself permission to buy a new doll. I am too busy now to do much restoring these days.

Anonymous said...

That outfit on Patsyette is so pretty. The Wendy doll looks gorgeous in any of the outfits you dressed her in. Thank You for sharing.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

I'm glad you enjoyed seeing my new dolls. I enjoy dressing them up and sharing so much!

Brenda Savage said...

@ Carolyn - restoring dolls I find in thrift stores and on ebay is my hobby. I love giving dolls a second chance. Some I sell, but more of them seem to stay with me. Hmm. It seems all my favorite dolls have come from thrift stores. MY greatest find was my Cissy doll. Definitely my favorite.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan, I am really pleased with both these dolls. I wasn't sure about Wendy's hair for awhile, but I think I've got is back in better shape now.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Marion, I was happy to find 2 dresses already in my collection that fit this MA doll. I love my little Patseyette. She is so precious.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful finds! I still have my bride doll from the 60s. Her dress is so fragile I'm afraid to dress her in it. She came with a red polk-a-dot cardboard wardrobe with a handle, a dressing gown, and a going-away dress and hat. She needs new shoes and one day I plan to use one of your shoe tutorials to make her a new pair.
Fawn

Brenda Savage said...

Wow! That is amazing you still have your doll from the 60s! I would love to see pictures. Do you still have all those accessories?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'll take some pics and email them to you.
Fawn

Brenda Savage said...

OOooo! Goody!