My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, November 02, 2017

Vintage Doll Clothes find!


I am always on the lookout for vintage doll clothes.
I especially look for items that might suit dolls I already have.

This Taffeta Ballerina dress caught my eye for my newest 14" doll.

 This fit my 14" doll perfectly!

I added a bit of bling.  It felt like it needed something.



Next I came across this satin pajama set.
I have been looking for some PJs for Shirley Temple.
They were perfect! I was hoping they would fit!

They fit and I love them!



I could not believe my luck winning this lot of clothes.
I was looking for clothes to fit a 15" doll.
What doll you ask?!?

This 15" Madame Alexander Elise doll!
I couldn't believe it, there were only minutes left on
her auction and NO ONE had bid!

Sadly her gold Ballet Costume makes her look drab.
I was hoping some of  the clothes in this lot would be
an improvement for her.

Here she is in one of the outfits.
This is a skirt and blouse made of satin and taffeta.
Unfortunately it is really for a thicker waisted doll.
I have the skirt pinned in back so it would fit.

I  made this little hat for this outfit.
I also made her some new jewelry.

This next outfit was also really too big.
I added a bow tie to pull it together.

I am undecided whether to resize these outfits or resell them?

This polka dot dress really caught my eye.
I was hoping it would fit Shirley

This dress was a little too big as well, but
with a ribbon tie added it's not too noticeable.

I decided that this  pinafore would make a 
great kitchen apron for Molly.

Perfect.

I knew this red dress was made for a Crissy doll.

This little lavender dress is maybe my favorite from 
this lot of clothes. I believe it is one of the older pieces.
It is a sheer Dotted Swiss that looks like it was made for
a Patsy Joan type doll.

Sadly there is a stain on the collar that just won't come out.

BUT! I still love it.
I added this little crochet hat and the pink bow.

I didn't get a picture of all these clothes.
But what I did find out is that I was not really happy with 
the clothes for Elise.
SO,
I decided I would just have to make an outfit myself!!

Here it is!

I also made her bandeau and jewelry.

Is it just me? or does she look much happier!!



10 comments:

Becky said...

Elise looks very charming in her new outfit. I think she looks very content, satisfied and happy to be dressed so beautifully.

Becky

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Becky! I agree absolutely!

Anonymous said...

The clothes are so nice that you got. I love the lavendar outfit. Very cute.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Every one of these dolls are so adorable. I cannot pick out a favorite.
Joan

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Marion, I like the lavender dress too. I can't be certain, but I think it is from the 40s or 50s. Anyway, I love it on Patsy Joan.

Brenda Savage said...

Joan, I am in agreement. I can't decide what my favorite is either! Hehe I have loved dolls from my childhood.

Dolly Blessings said...

Wow! What great finds! I adore patsy Joan in the lavender dress and also the little satin pjs for Shirley! You did an amazing job making Elise a new dress. Always a treat to read your blog and see your nice photos. :o)

Anonymous said...

I love these outfits. They are just perfect for each individual doll. Thank you for sharing.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

I love finding doll clothes. I am also very happy with Elise's new dress. I made this with bits of fabric I had lying around - makes it even better!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn, glad you enjoyed it!