My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Cissy Spring Fashion Show


 I found this dress on eBay that I thought might fit my Cissy.  
It is slightly large, but I will refit it at a later date. 

It is a cotton dress with a white plaid pattern.  I just loved the fabric.  
I'm pretty certain it is from the 1950s and homemade, but still so pretty!
 It was SO pretty it made me want to do a fashion show with Cissy's Spring dresses.

So, without further ado...

PRESENTING CISSY'S SPRING FASHIONS!

Here is Cissy in the new dress.  I used this black belt at first 
but felt it needed something less harsh.

Here is Cissy's new dress with a flowered sash.


This dress is new made by a lady on eBay. 

I love the green collar.  I made the blue felt flower bandeau.

This is a vintage 1950s dress.  
I used the same belt and  flower bandeau
as the new pink dress.



This is another new made dress.
The hat is made by me.

 I debated about whether to use only
dark accessories or the ivory and black together.

Here is the dress with black shawl and hat.

Lastly is this yellow and aqua party dress.
This is vintage 1950s.

These Bandeau hats are so versatile.



And the new dress one last time!

Thank you for sharing in our fashion show.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

These dresses are gorgeous.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love the way you have dressed Cissy. The accessories are just perfect.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing the lovely outfits. They are all so pretty. Those headdresses are beautiful.
Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan! All of these dresses I have collected over time. I love finding doll dresses!

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marion! I made her hats and belts myself!

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marilyn, I made all Cissy's hats myself. I also made her belts. I may make some more handbags for her and share those too...hmm.

Btownsend said...

Beautiful dresses! I just bought my first Cissy and am going to be watching for dresses for her. 😊

Brenda Savage said...

Congratulations on your Cissy!
I love my Cissy. She is so beautiful and photogenic. I have found several dresses for her online. I keep a list of my dolls measurements when online shopping. It is helpful when figuring out if a dress will fit or not.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

HI Brenda,

It sure feels like Spring when I see Cissy in these pretty, floaty dresses . The hats ae terrific - nothing succeeds in making a pretty dress look like a designer outfit like accessories. Your artistry has no limits, you are so talented and creative!
Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet!
I do enjoy seeing an outfit finished off with matching accessories. We are both fond of creating accessories! I have not been making as many hats lately, but I think I may have some reasons soon to get back to it.
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Outstanding show. I love them all and a great showcase you’ve created. A lot of talented seamstresses on Etsy and Ebay. Thank you for sharing. Sherry

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Sherry,
Thank you. I purchased most of these dresses in vintage doll dress lots. These were mixed in with all sizes of dresses and clothes for dolls. It’s so fun buying a big lot of doll clothes. You don’t always know what you’re getting until you unpack them. I have found so many vintage and antique doll clothes this way!
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Stunning. Beautiful.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you!!
Hugs
Brenda