My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Friday, February 22, 2019

Yellow Dresses

When I was a little girl, my greatest desire was
to have MORE than 2 doll dresses.
WELL!  I think I have made that dream come true.
I enjoy looking for vintage doll dresses and BOY,
Have I made some great finds.

It seems that recently I have been getting yellow dresses
in all the bundles of doll clothes I have found.
That started me wondering just how many 
yellow dresses do I have for my dolls?
SO! I decided to do a Yellow Dress Show!

First is this little yellow cotton dress
worn by Patsy Joan.

The white collar is edged with lace.
I added the black bow belt.

One of my absolute favorite finds worn by Nancy Ann!
This yellow check dress with ric-rac trim.

Her hairband is actually Patsy Joan's black bow belt.

 Another dress for Patsy Joan.

Such a sweet yellow dress with green circus trim.

 This yellow dress would actually fit Patsy Joan.
but I wanted Elise to have a dress to model.

This dress has a pretty eyelet inset with ric-rac trim.

This is Shirley's original yellow prom dress, but
I think it deserves inclusion.

Not a dress, but still SO adorable!
This was purchased on eBay from this lady,

I just fell in love with this little romper.

And here is Cissy's yellow sundress.

Very pretty! Perfect for a garden party.
Her pin is actually a vintage earring!

Well, I just wanted to share all our Yellow dresses.
I hope you enjoyed the show.

YELLOW DRESS UPDATE!

I was scrolling through eBay and look what I found!

This is an Effanbee cuddles doll from the early
1950s wearing her original dress.

AND...
here is my Arranbee Nancy wearing the same dress in a smaller version!

So, now I know this is an Effanbee dress, probably for a Patsy Joan doll.

12 comments:

Karen said...

Such pretty cheerful dresses and bubble. I enjoyed seeing them while enjoying my morning coffee. A great start for the day. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the yellow dress fashion show.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow dresses.They are just right for Easter.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Love,Love the Yellow dresses on the dolls. Blue and yellow are my favorite colors. Thank You for sharing.
Marion

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Karen, glad I could make your coffee that much better!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan, I was amazed when I noticed how many yellow dresses I had. Glad you enjoyed them too.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn, that's what I thought as well, perfect early Spring post.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion, I must admit I love these yellow dresses too. I wish I could wear yellow!

Unknown said...

All your dolls very adorable and they look nice in yellow, Thank you to share with me ...love it! # Happy Dolls by Aeliza.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Aeliza! And thank you for sharing your knitting talent with all of us doll lovers.

Janet said...

the yellow fashion show was very enjoyable - yellow is such a cheerful color - like sunshine!
I particular;y like using an earring as a brooch!

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Janet, I'm glad you enjoyed our Yellow dresses. I am always on the search for doll accessories. I was in a thrift store when I saw some vintage earrings and thought, "Hey, those would make a great brooch for Cissy!"