My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, September 07, 2019

Makeover Time!!

The other day I was wandering through my local Antique Mall.
Almost like a harbinger of Fall I saw this 
Auburn haired American Girl sitting sadly
on a chair all by herself!
She was very dirty and faded...

But look at those eyes!!
She is a Pleasant Co. Felicity!
How could I just walk past and leave 
Felicity in this state?!

Like I said, she is very dirty.


Her hair was a mess, but her 
wig was in pretty good shape.

She is a Pleasant Co. doll from the earlier years.

Yeck, lots of dirt, from - hopefully - lots of love.

Here is her hair out of the hairband.
Looks pretty rough.

She has a stain on her body, but we don't mind these little blemishes.

Alright!  Bath time!
I always use wig shampoo and magic 
eraser on vinyl and plastic dolls.

You can see the line of dirt after the 
first swipe with the Magic Eraser!

To restore American Girl hair, I use a
ceramic flat iron on the lowest setting!
I do this while the hair is still damp.
It steams the hair and flattens out frizzies.

Now for some lips and cheeks.

And here she is all refreshed.
Doesn't she look happier?

Her hair in back. Much better!

SO, what next you ask?
 Outfits of course!
Since Felicity is from the Colonial era
she will get to put on my homemade Colonial ensemble

Panniers

Underskirt.

And Voila!

Very pretty Felicity!

But how about something modern?
Maybe something that reminds us of Fall?
 An outfit ready to go back to school?

A hounds-tooth skirt and sweater set.
What could be better?

These are great colors with her green eyes.

Welcome Home Felicity, let's have some tea.


FELICITY BEFORE AND AFTER



17 comments:

Dorothy In PA said...

Dear Brenda, you are truly the "doll whisperer" (smile). You take wayward dolls and make them look wonderful.

It is great to find a Pleasant Company doll. They are my favorite American Girl dolls.

She looks pretty in both her historic and modern outfits.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Dorothy! I like the Pleasant Co. dolls too. This Felicity has the pretty green eyes that the newer dolls lack. She was crying out for help, how could I not make her beautiful again? I think one of my favorite things is dressing up my dolls. It was a pleasure seeing Felicity all dressed up and pretty. :)

Becky in IL said...

Hi Brenda,

It's marvelous to see your new Felicity restored. She and you must be such happy companions now. I can't tell you how it delights me to see you/others restore dolls and dress them so admirably. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Brenda congratulations on a fine job. Felicity looks as good as new. beautiful colonial outfit and a cute school outfit too.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Brenda what a beautiful job that you did on Felicity. She looks like brand new. I love the original Pleasant Company dolls.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job Brenda. i have the original Felicity doll and your Felicity looks just like mine. You did a beautiful job on the colonial outfit.
Marion

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Becky! I am glad you like what I did for Felicity. I really enjoy restoring dolls. The Colonial dress I put her in first I made LOOONG time ago, when my daughter still played dolls (sigh). SOmeday she'll be old enough to enjoy dolls again.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Sandra! Yes! A Pleasant Co. Felicity! What a great find. I have such wonderful memories of playing with my dolls as a child. Even as a child I would wash my doll's hair and put curlers in their hair and wash their dresses. Explains a lot huh? I get great enjoyment out of seeing a doll made beautiful again. Felicity was a treat for me!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan! I like to see the Historic dolls in their proper clothes era, but how could Felicity go to tea with Molly in all that? (hehe) My Molly was also a thrift store doll AND a Pleasant Co. doll!

Brenda Savage said...

Me too Marilyn! The pleasant Co. dolls were made out of nicer materials and their hair was nicer. This Felicity had the really beautiful green eyes too. I am so happy that I found her.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Marion! WOW! You have the same Felicity? I love that! I wish I could see a photo of her. I am very happy with how Felicity looks now. I was a bit worried that I did not get her cheek and lip color correct, but I think it's OK.

Janet said...

You've done a marvelous job on her. I am so glad you took her in - and i am sure she appreciates the clean up. Everyone loves that clean and fresh feeling !

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet! I think she is definitely happier being all fresh and clean and pretty again!

Unknown said...

Dear Brenda you are to be commended by all the great comments you have received with the newest doll restoration, of course I am very partial and give you a big hug and a kiss (aka your mom).

Anonymous said...

Brenda,
I Love your blog! How about some tutorials on your fashion doll hats and bandeaus? I am sure I'm not the only one who needs some help to complete outfits for our 50's girls.
Keep up the good work.
Tammy

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Mom! I love you too!

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Tammy! I'm glad you like he blog. I will try and get a tutorial put together. That's a great idea!