My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, September 02, 2019

A New Find!

Our family took a vacation this summer to 
Yellowstone and Glacier National Park.
It was all SO amazing! I had never been to
either place before.

Eventually we ended up in Helena Montana, the state's Capitol.
We saw the Capitol building and museums and great restaurants.

 While we were in Helena I DID look in a couple shops.
In particular I stopped at an Antique Mall.
Guess who I found languishing in a locked cabinet!?

YES! This lovely restored Patsyette!

She had been adorably restored,
but sadly had on an unflattering, boring dress.

The dress didn't even fit properly!
SO!
I made an emergency trip to the fabric store before
we headed for a fishing cabin in Idaho!

I picked up some yarn, ribbon, a few fat quarters and other
miscellaneous sewing bits and bobs.

 I cut out some pattern pieces from 
newspaper and got to work!

Here is her first new dress.
Did I have a sewing machine with me?
NO, of course not.
I used a needle and thread!
Actually these small dresses are almost easier
sewn by hand.

The dress needed a little something, so I added some
embroidered flowers.

Look how sweet she looks!
I decided she would be called Helena 
since that's where I found her.

I had almost forgotten!
Just before we left on vacation
I was lucky to find two Patsyette outfits
on eBay!
 This green and white outfit, and...

This little bunny pattern dress with a bonnet, book and SHOES!
I was so happy when I returned 
home to find these waiting for us.
Helena had only some plastic shoes, ugh.

Here are Helena and Lizzie
modeling their new outfits.
Sadly, the bonnet doesn't really stay on their heads.
I'll have to see what can be done about that.

 This outfit came with this tiny 'P' pin.

Here is a close-up of the bunny fabric dress.

Well, Helena was thrilled to meet her new sisters.

And just adored her new bedroom. So much better than
a stuffy display cabinet!

The girls also got some new plates. Two for the wall.

One on their dresser to hold their cards, 

 And another on the shelf above the tea table.
Speaking of tea, let's have some.


16 comments:

lil red hen said...

So sweet!! Precious little dresses!

Dorothy In PA said...

Oh Helena is adorable! She was just waiting for you to adopt her.

I love that you immediately made her an outfit. You are a true dolly Mama (smile).

She is right at home with her sisters. I can't wait to hear about their adventures.

Janet said...

What a wonderful remembrance of your trip - and i love how quickly you sewed her a new dress - got right to work, you did! i am sure Helena is pleased to find she has two sisters now, she'll never be lonely again!

I have often bought yarn as a remembrance of a trip, and then every time i wear the garment I made from it, i am reminded of the fun, relaxing time I had .

Janet

Anonymous said...

Helena I am sure is very happy that she was rescued from the locked up cabinet. Helena is so in love with her mommy. she looks lovely.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your find. I love the photos of the tea party and all the girls together.
Marion

Anonymous said...

What a lovely find. I love the name. When I was in 5th grade my teacher made the entire class choose a capital name. I chose Helena. She then she called us by our state capital name. We had to find our capital name on the map before she dismissed us for lunch. I am so glad Helena has siblings to play with.
Marilyn

gearhead7197 said...

I looove your blog! I am so happy that I found you and all your great info. thank you!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Lil Red Hen! I love making cute things for my dolls. I really enjoyed just stitching this little dress. It just makes me happy. :)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Dorothy! I am just thrilled with Helena. She is so precious, I do think she was meant to come home with me. :) I was pleased to see how quickly the girls accepted their new sister. I am very happy Helena has joined our family.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Sandra, Helena is very sweet and very pretty. (don't tell the other dolls I said that) She was restored by a real artist. I just adore her! Thanks for the compliment on her dress. I am very happy with how it turned out! This was my first foray in making a pattern so I was doubly happy it worked! (whew)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet, I will never forget where I got Helena! I love your idea of making something for each trip. I always have handwork with me on long driving trips. It never occurred to me to use it as a remembrance. I knew I couldn't just let Helena wear that ill-fitting dress for the rest of our trip! I really enjoyed making her little dress and the embroidery is a new thing for me. I was was happy it worked and looks cute.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan, I am in love with Helena too. Have you ever just seen ad doll and knew that she was meant for you? Well, I think that happened here. :)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion, I love the idea of little tea parties! I used to have tea parties with my dolls and stuffed animals as a girl. I guess I never really grew up. :)

Brenda Savage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Marilyn, I loved visiting Helena! It is such a fun place with so much History! Helena is already right at home with her new sisters! You would think they had known each other all their lives! ;)

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Gear, I hope you come back.