My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, December 07, 2020

December Dress-a-Thon!


I am always hunting for 
Vintage Doll Dresses online.
It's a great way to find dresses 
for antique and vintage dolls.
I showed you this photo in my previous post.

I really just wanted this Miss Revlon 'Kissing Pink'
dress in the top corner for my new Miss Revlon.

BUT...
All these dresses were in that same box 
of vintage doll clothes as well!

I also found these two tagged 
Little Miss Revlon dresses

AND...

This no-name ball gown for 10" fashion dolls
in separate purchases. 

I'm going to start with this big bunch of dresses first!
I am just picking out some of my favorites to show you.

Did you notice this sweet peach playsuit?

Here it is on my Shirley Temple.
So cute!

Next is this sweet handkerchief dress.
It was very stained and wrinkled.
I was not sure I could get the stains out.
BUT
After a good long soak it is ready!

I LOVE THIS!
I've been looking for a pretty Christening gown
 for my China Baby Doll, Ellen.
This is the China baby my Grandmother
painted for me in 1972.

This little orange print dress has a drop
waist and big collar. It just needed a wash and press.

Here it is now on my Joan. 
She wears it well.

Next is this pink and blue dress

Here it is on China Baby Ellen, and...

Here it is on Helena.  It's a little big, but
very sweet. I'm not sure this dress is right
for either of these girls, sigh.

This Patsyette playsuit I never even noticed until
I opened the box at home!

This is an amazing find!
An original 1930s Patsyette playsuit.

This is a very cute PJ set. I am not
sure if it will fit my 18" doll or a 14" doll.

These were too small for Miss Revlon, 
but very pretty PJs for Betsy.

This little blue dress was also a fit for Betsy!

I added 3 little buttons and the belt I made
for Betsy when she first arrived.
That little belt goes with everything!

OK, enough from that big box lot
Here are the 10.5" Fashion Doll dresses!

I won a bid for these 2 tagged Little Miss Revlon dresses.

The red stripe I just ironed out the creases.
I chose navy shoes and accessories.

Very pretty Julia.

This aqua print had some stains
on the bodice...

But they were improved after a good soak.

The stains are still a tiny bit visible
but I didn't want to lose any more 
color from the print.

This pink ballgown was a great deal
and I couldn't pass it up.

It needed some repair stitches around the waistline.
All the edges are fray-checked and repaired.
Then just a good pressing.

I added a little ribbon rose at the waistline.

I think Amanda looks lovely.

There are still a LOT of little dresses, slips
and panties that I haven't even had time to 
wash and press.

BUT...

I am definitely happy with all these recent finds.
I hope you enjoyed seeing them as well.

16 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Brenda,

You sure do find some treasures when you hunt for doll clothes online! I think I love the dress on Joan the best - it's so sweet and the color is a bit out of the ordinary - looks good on her too.
The LMR dresses are wonderful, I have the boat neck on, in a bit different fabric, but they made a lot of them. I think i=they both suit these dolls perfectly !

Janet

lil red hen said...

Brenda, I admire the way you can take stained and wrinkled dresses and make them look so pretty! Most of us, I'm afraid, would pass them by, not realizing what they could become. And isn't it wonderful that your dolls can wear them! Charlotte

Savagebd said...

Thank you Janet,

I did really get some great doll clothes. I love the LMR dresses. I now have 3 original dresses for Julia. I think that is pretty good. I like the orange dress too. It is really unique. I still have more dresses and accessories to go through too!

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Charlotte,

There are some pieces I did not show you here that I am not going to try and fix, they are just too tattered. I am very happy about the handkerchief dress. I think I will look through my hankies and see if there is a white one to make a bonnet out of. I do like having so many different sized dolls. I can usually find someone who fits a new dress!

Hugs
Brenda

Zacisze Lenki said...

How many beautiful clothes ...

Savagebd said...

Thank you Zacisze,

I enjoy having lots of doll clothes!

Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

Brenda, that lot was a great find! You were able to dress so many dolls, and there are more to go! Just an FYI, the Revlon dress is one of the Kissing Pink styles, but I like Queen of Hearts! I have an oxidized navy nylon one that has turned a cocoa color, with pink hearts, that my Pinky Dollikin claimed years ago! I also have it in red taffeta, which needed a good bit of repair to the bust darts and skirt seam, but came out lovely!
Hugs, Jenny :-)

Savagebd said...

Thank you Jenny,

I was so happy to have won this box of clothes - especially for the Miss Revlon dress. I did see these dresses called 'kissing pinks' but it was all taffeta, I suppose they are all the same? I just really enjoy having an original dress for my Miss Revlon. Even though the dress had some tears I am so pleased to have it. I believe these vintage dresses are well worth the work to restore them.

Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
How exciting for you to have these arrive. Once again you have turned trash to treasure. You really have an amazing eye and imagination. Just adding a few buttons or a bow can certainly transform and finish the look of a dress. Your girls all look stunning.
Anna

Maryn said...

Your dresses came out beautifully! Like everyone here, I'm constantly amazed by the changes you make with careful cleaning, pressing, and adding little accents like the ribbon bows and rosettes. I always worry about handling delicate fabrics that are fraying, but you do it so well!

Savagebd said...

Thank you Anna,

I do love unpacking a box of vintage doll dresses! I always find such amazing things. The handkerchief dress just looked like a wad of fabric in the photo, who knew how lovely it would be? I am looking through my hankies to see if I have onw to make a bonnet out of. The blue dress was ho hum, but adding just a little interest with buttons and ribbon makes a big difference. I am so glad you enjoyed seeing the new outfits.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Maryn,

I always ask myself "Will I make this worse?" whenever I start on restoring a doll or old doll clothes. I like to add a little ribbon or other accent that doesn't actually change the garment, just highlights it in a new way. The little rosette was really to disguise some of the waistline that was bunching kind of funny. I am glad you enjoyed seeing the outfits I worked on. I think my favorite is the hanky dress and the MIss Revlon dresses.

Hugs
Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

You always have the best luck with doll clothes and then you always know how to repair items that need some love.

Thanks for sharing what you do. It is so much fun to watch you in action (well, see your photos - smile).

Savagebd said...

Thank you Dorothy,

I did really luck out winning this box of clothes. I had so much fun unpacking it. Dorothy, I have so frequently though it would be so much fun to magically transport all of you to my doll room so we could all play!

The reason I started this blog was to connect to other doll lovers and I am SO happy when you enjoy what I share,

Hugs
Brenda

The Attic Couturier said...

Brenda, it was such fun to see your 'box lot' turn into a real wardrobe for your dolls. I especially love the hankerchief christening dress for the doll your grandmother painted for you. It is absolutely perfect in every way!

Susan J in IL

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Susan,

These big box lots are so fun. I love the hankie dress too. I have selected a couple vintage hankies to make a matching bonnet. I found a real simple pattern, so we'll see.

Hugs
Brenda