My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, December 12, 2020

A Sweet Surprise!

As most of you already know, I found 
Charlotte a few months back.
She came wearing this original dress.
The dress had these unusual butterfly sleeves.
And the dress closed at the shoulders.

My friend Karen suggested I make a pattern 
of this dress, as it was quite unique.

Here is the pattern for those who didn't get it before.

As a THANK YOU for sharing this
pattern, Karen said she would make a dress for Charlotte

AND

HERE

IT 

IS!!


Karen chose a vintage dimity with a sweet yellow rose pattern.
A yellow rose symbolizes friendship.
The ribbon is also vintage.

Look at the sweet beaded details around the bodice! 
There is a tiny bead inside each lace flower 
and spaced along the neckline.

Here is the sleeve with more beads.
The dress top is open and 
there is a snap closure on each shoulder.

Here is the back with  more bead details.

Another view showing the back pleat.

This dress will be treasured by Charlotte and I forever!

Thank you Karen!!
I love my new dress!

Hugs, 
Charlotte

14 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
Charlotte's new dress suits her perfectly. Karen has done a beautiful job making it. Her finishing touches are lovely.
I did not know that yellow roses stood for friendship. It's nice learning things like that!
Anna

Savagebd said...

Thank you Anna,

I agree with you, this dress suites Charlotte perfectly! I just adore it. Charlotte likes it too. Yes, there is an entire language for flowers and other plants. They all seem to have a meaning, so a person long ago could send a message by choosing certain flowers, fern and accent plants in a bouquet. Isn't that amazing?

Hugs
Brenda

The Attic Couturier said...

What a sweet dress! I love the dimity, and all of the details that Karen added. (I just imagine if you were a little girl, receiving this present - how excited you'd be!) I have a special fondness for the Patsy dolls, since this is a doll my mother kept from her own childhood.

Susan J in Il

Anonymous said...

Karen you did a great job on the dress. Charlotte looks so pretty.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The dress on Charlotte looks perfect on her. Yellow roses are my favorite rose. Thank You for the information.
Marion

Anonymous said...

How lovely is that dress that Charlotte is wearing. Karen is a talented lady. Charlotte looks so contented standing by her Christmas tree. Wishing you and your family and doll family,too a Blessed and Merry Christmas. Have a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Marilyn[Joan and Marion ,too]

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Susan,

That is exactly how I feel! It is just like when I was a girl getting a new dress. Charlotte loves her new dress. Sadly the photos do not do this sweet dress justice.

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan,

I agree absolutely!

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion,

I am in total agreement with you. Charlotte looks so sweet in this dress. I am so happy.

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn,

I agree with you Karen is SO talented!

I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well!

Hugs
Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

Charlotte is adorable in her new dress. I think her smile is a bit brighter also.

Karen is a wonderful friend to you and Auntie to Charlotte.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Dorothy,

I agree, Charlotte looks adorable. She is very happy about her new dress. I have made so many kind friends in the doll world. I feel truly blessed.

Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Charlotte and her new dress are adorable! Karen is so talented and I love the little touches like the beading on the edges and the ribbons.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,

I do love this dress. All the extra touches just amaze me! Karen is very talented!

Hugs
Brenda