My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Modern Shoppers


Well, here I am, wearing slacks.
But, Amanda, you wear slacks all the time.
 
Yes, but not out in PUBLIC!
Oh, Amanda it is nearly 1960, we are modern women.
Just give me a minute...!

This feels better! Sorry girls, I guess I'm not so modern after all.
Oh Amanda!  What a lovely skirt!

Thank you, it's chiffon over a pink cotton underskirt.
Ooo, very pretty.

Where are you taking us Julia?
To the new May Co. Department store!

So tell me Lauren, are you dating anybody?
I'd love for you to meet my brother, Tom.
I don't know, isn't he a surfer?

Well, he is, but he is also finishing his degree.
I don't know Amanda, let me think about it.

Here we are!

Look at how modern everything is!
I feel like I'm in the future!

Ooo, look at this purple dress, I love it!
I'm going to try this on.

You look lovely!
You should definitely get it!

Who's ready for some lunch?
I know a place and it's on our way back home.

Here we are just up ahead on the right.
So, Amanda, tell me more about Tom...

I heard this diner has the best lunches.
I hope so, I'm starving!


That was a great lunch.
SO, Lauren, I might ask Tom to come by next week?
I don't know...let me think about it.

Am I glad to be home!
My feet are killing me!
Me too, where's Lauren?

I'm right here!
Ooo, I love that dress Lauren.
You know Amanda, I think I will meet Tom...

THE GIRLS OUTFITS

A friend sent me a little care package recently!
A friend with the initials JP.

It contained 2 tiny knit sweaters, 
2 handbag and hat sets and 
a variety of matching fabrics!

Julia and Lauren are wearing the sweaters
 and all 3 are wearing some slacks I made
from the fabric selection.

Amanda got the chiffon skirt.
You can also see a matching 
headscarf in the top photo.

You will also notice that Lauren's new dress
is a vintage Little Miss Revlon dress.

It is Little Miss Revlon #9052 Purple Stripe Dress.
It was the perfect find to add to my
Modern Shoppers post!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun shopping trip the girls had!
That tunnel reminds me of the one going into Seattle via the Mercer Island floating bridge, before the second tunnel was built; they must have been built around the same time. You backdrops are perfect!!
Hugs, Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Hi! And Thank you Jenny,
The girls had a great day exploring the new indoor shopping mall. The tunnel is the Figueroa tunnel heading north on the 110 into the LA area. It was built in the 1940s. I bet you are right and this bridge and the one in Seattle were built about the same time. I have driven through the Mercer Island tunnels many times! Many of my backdrops are old photos that I play around with on my photo editing program. I’m glad you stopped by.
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Super-cute! Your photo-editing skills are awesome!!!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,
I do have fun editing photos of my dolls. Since these girls are from the 1950s. I wanted to set them in that era. It was a lot of fun and I’m so glad you enjoyed them.
Hugs
Brenda

Karen said...

What a cute story! Love the old pics with the girls inserted. Their outfits are adorable. Seems like maybe there’s a romance in the future for one of the gals? Can’t wait to see!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks, i had a lot of fun with this post. I enjoyed making outfits for the girls and inserting them into scenes. You may be right about that romance!
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Gi Brenda,


I am so happy to see that you enjoyed creating with the fabrics I sentto you. I can knt, but my sewing of garmments is often erratic andsoetimes the
pieces come out good, sometimes, not so much.

I knew you would be inspired and i was right - I love the slacks, and the floral skirt id fabulous.. I used my part of that flowered chiffon to make a dress for Bleuuette, and i liked it but it was very challenging for me to work with. I'm glad to see it worked good for you
The purple striped ddress is so pretty - I know it is her favorite color - I hope she gets to meet
tom and likes him. He cannot help but fall for her in that dress!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Janet,
Thank you for sharing all the fabric with me. I was inspired and since I already had your 2 cute sweaters it was easy making pants and skirts.
I have been busy with the fabric you sent making some other small garments as well, but those will be revealed later!
Thank you so much,
Hugs
Brenda