My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Three Little Dolls

 I have recently found three little dolls.
Two I found on a short trip to the Central Coast.
The third I found in a local thrift store.

This is the first little girl. She is 5" long.
She is very dirty, but something 
about her made me pick her up.

She was quick and easy to clean. Her
hair is soft and her color is good.

I think it is her pensive expression that
drew me to her.

I knew already who would love her...
Cricket...

And Mia! They already adore her.

💜

The second doll I found in an antique shop.
She is a 1953 Nancy Ann Storybook 
Doll called "Muffie". 

She had her complete
outfit and I loved her braids,

Other than her hair being a bit messy, she
looked like she had been displayed 
in a cabinet. 

All I did was carefully smooth and
rebraid her hair. She looks perfect!

💜

So on to the third doll!
As many of you already know,
I love thrifting! Guess who I 
found at a local thrift store?

She is "Willa" of the 15" Wellie Wisher dolls,
released by American Girl.

She was dirty and missing most of her outfit,
but look at her beautiful eyes.
 
She was still wearing her little 
ladybug wellington boots.

And she had her skirt too, but I wanted
her to have her complete meet outfit.
Just look at that messy hair!

Besides messy hair, Willa had these
marks on her back.

Luckily these washed off easily.

Ah... Fresh and clean!
Look at that sweet face.
I love her freckles!

While she was drying, I looked for her meet 
outfit online.  I found this ad which included pajamas.
I won the bid and they are on their way!

After brushing her hair into neat curls,
she borrowed this cute play set
made for my Mary Hoyer doll.

I know she has a new meet outfit on the way,
but I just took a little peek to see 
what else was out there...

I found this adorable gardening outfit!!

I love it! And so does Willa.

Look at the pocket detail.

Help me to welcome, 
Willa, Muffie and
Darla.

Thank you Molly, some cake and hot cocoa 
sounds great!

YUM!
The serving cart I also found thrifting.

Not done yet!
Willa got her new meet outfit and PJs.

Meet outfit now complete.

AND adorable PJs!
My daughter says she needs slippers....

13 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
You have such wonderful finds. Is Darla a Hasbro love a bye baby? She looks like one. They had cute furniture in the range as well as cute dolls.
I absolutely love Muffie dolls along with Ginny and Ginger, You were so lucky to find her. She looks in such lovely condition too.
I have a Willa doll too. I have been thinking of getting her a friend , but they are so expensive and not that easy to find here. I was very lucky to get mine at a very good price. She's very sweet.
Glad you have been having some doll fun!
Anna

Zacisze Lenki said...

Great achievements, congratulations and hugs.

GaelaLayla said...

A Muffy 😍 What great finds!
-Gaela (Lalalandtoys)

Brenda Savage said...

HI Anna,
Thank you. I am so pleased with all these little girls. I am really happy about finding Willa. Funny thing, I found another Wellie Wisher a couple weeks ago, but her hair had been cut short in front! I was so disappointed! Then there was Willa on my next thrifting trip!
I am having doll fun!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Zacisze,
Thank you! I am so happy with my doll finds.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Gaela,
I know! I was really smitten with Muffy. She just seemed so perfect and those braids! I think I need to store her in a case to keep her like this.
Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Oh, my! They are adorable!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Maryn,
Thank you! You know how I love to find dolls who need refreshing! I am really happy with these 3 even though none of them is particularly valuable to most collectors.
Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

Hi, Brenda! I have missed reading your Blog! I recently found a WW Camille in just her panties at a local thrift store. Searching for HER original meet outfit netted me a total of 8 dolls...the entire line, including newer issues I purchased from the AG website, Bryant the boy, and Gwynn, the younger sister to the 2022 AG Girl of the Year! I also found pajamas for all, slippers (some of which I customized to match the logo on the pjs), and swim suits! My $3.99 doll became a $500 collection in record time! LOL
Hugs, Jenny

Jenny said...

P.S. I also purchased that cute gardening outfit! Most of my other purchases were aftermarket, however...pjs, slippers, and swimsuits. They do each have their 2020(?) meet outfits, at least.
Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Jenny,
I'm so glad you came by for a visit! I am really enjoying my Willa. She is so sweet. I think she may be a permanent little sister to my AG dolls.
I am laughing about how your one doll became to whole line! It's easy to do, especially when they are so adorable.
I have a hard time buying outfits that I know I can sew myself, but I do like to have a name brand outfit for each doll, if possible. I feel that Willa has enough brand outfits, any more I will sew for her myself.
Good to hear from you.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

your little baby is such a sweetie thig - I love having dolls for my girl dolls.
But i do think your big find was Willa. Of all the Wellie Wishers, she is the one I love the best. The boots are so wonderful, but I think what gets me is her luscious red hair.
You certainly do have good luck in the thrift shops you visit. All I ever find are housewares!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

HI Janet,
Thank you! I love her too. Something about her just drew me in. She is the perfect size to be a doll babydoll. I even had this little rattle that fit her fist.
I do love Willa. She is so sweet and I love her red curly hair too. I Have not put her hair back in ponies yet. I am having too much fun playing with her curls.
I have had good luck lately!
Hugs
Brenda