My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, February 12, 2024

Kimberly!!

One of my lovely readers, Mary N, contacted me.
She found her daughter's Kimberly doll in a closet and wondered
if I'd like to see if I could fiix her up?
You all know my answer....

YES!!!

I had never heard of a Kimberly Doll.
Turns out she was popular when I was in High School.

Kimberly first appearred as a 
fashionable school girl in 1981.
She is 17 inches tall.

Kimberly was also a Cheerleader doll
released around 1983.

There was also an AA Kimberly!
(She is on my wish list)

There are 2 versions of Kimberly.
The Kimberly above is a closed mouth.

Later they came out with  the
"Gettin' Fancy" 
version with a toothy smile.
 I prefer the earlier version.

Additional outfits were available for purchase.
I am currently searching for the cheer outfit 
and the school outfit.

As I was researching Kimberly I found this!
It is a "Hang Ten" skating outfit.
(found online and ordered!)

Needless to say, I was hooked!

She finally arrived and here she is! 
She is wearing a very sweet crochet dress.

Here is the dress.  It will get a gentle wash.

Soaking the crochet dress.

Mary also sent this fabric along.  I will
definitely make something for Kimberly!

Mary told me that Kimberly needed her leg fixed.

First thing was figuring out how to fix that leg!
My husband found this rubber plug
 that used to hold her leg.

I decided to try one of these to insert
into her leg to hold the elastic.

I chose this anchor since my elastic fit through the hole.

It worked pretty good! Here she is with both legs! 

Now, we are ready for a spa treatment!
All ready with Shampoo, conditioner 
and magic eraser.
(She is the first doll to have a spa day 
in the new powder room!)

She is feeling SO much better now.

Look how pretty her hair is!!

Such a sweet face.

The skating outfit has arrived!
I soaked it overnight in Spray n Wash.

Here are the skates with the "Hang Ten" logo.

Laid out to dry! I can't wait to try this on!

Looking good!


WAIT A MINUTE!
What's happening in the dollhouse?!?

Julie: Martin you got a package!
Martin: What is it?
Julie: WELL, open it!

Martin: Roller blades?
Willa: Put them on Martin!

Martin:  Whoa!
Kit: Use your arms for balance!

Emma: You're doing great Martin!

Hi!
Everyone: Who are you?

I'm Kimberly!

17 comments:

Maryn said...

Wow, she looks amazing after your spa treatment and operation to reattach her leg! I *think* that she originally may have come to me with the same striped shirt and pink shorts--but I got her used and know there were no skates or socks.

So thankful to see her in a good home now with skating friends--and loving all of your 18" dolls with their skates!

Janet said...

What a lucky girl is sweet Kimberley1 She really looks happy , and cared for now. I think she had "good Hair" to begin with !

Janet



Brenda Savage said...

Hi Maryn,
Thank you! I just figured out that "Maryn" is MaryN"! Hahaha! I am so happy you sent Kimberly to me. I Have had such a nostalgic time looking for fashions and ideas for her. I was in high school when KImberly was popular, but she wears the styles I remember. I will go into more fashions next time.

My dolls were all getting excited about skating now that they have this wide open space in front of their house. I think that is what made me want to get Kimberly the skate outfit.
Thanks again!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

HI Janet,
Thank you! Kimberly does have great hair. It has been fun playing with it. I always enjoy getting a new doll, even if they really don't need a lot of work. I am looking at fashion ideas for her. I've been doing online research, particularly into the "Hang Ten" styles. They have a lot of pastel stripes and tee style dresses with a belt. WEll, more on that next time!
Hugs
Brenda

Jennifer said...

She's beautiful! When I was a kid the commercials were all over the TV for her. I liked her, but never received her growing up. Later in life I found one sitting on top of a piece of antique furniture at a local antique mall for $3.00. Yep, she came home with me. A couple of years ago at another local antique mall I found the Gettin' Fancy doll in her original box on sale! I think she ended up being around $12.00! The box is not in good shape, but Kimberly was never played with. Honestly, they really are well constructed dolls and would still be a fabulous play doll for young ladies today. They had such pretty innocent looking dolls back then. Another group of dolls you may be interested in, would be "My Beautiful Doll" or at least I think that's right off the top of my head. They have a similar face and again are a nice play doll and yes, they are beautiful!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you! I am very pleased with Kimberly. Like I said I was in high school when she came out, but I recall how popular all the Hang Ten clothes were. She definitely took me down memory lane! I am working on recreating some Hang Ten styles for her. I am especially loving her roller skates!
I will look into the "My Beautiful Doll". I do recall that name.
Hugs
Brenda

Eulalia Isabel said...

Hola

me encanto este articulo con fotos de las muñecas, hermoso....me deleito.

saludos amiga.

Brenda Savage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda Savage said...

Hello Eulalia Isabel,
I am so happy you came to visit. I hope you come again in the future. I like to hear from my doll friends.
Hugs
Brenda

Hola Eulalia Isabel,
Estoy tan feliz de que hayas venido de visita. Espero que vuelvas en el futuro. Me gusta saber de mis amigas muñecas.
Abrazos
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda you did a super job on Kimberly. She will be forever thankful to you.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Kimberly is a beautiful doll. I have never heard of her. Great job Brenda.
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a pretty face Kimberly has. You did such a wonderful job. I love Martin and his roller blades. He seems to have gotten the hang of it. Thank you for sharing Kimberly.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marion,
Thank you! I always enjoy a little makeover. I am having fun recalling the fashions I wore in High School. I will share what I've come up with next time!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Joan,
Thank you!
I had never heard of Kimberly either! I like that she had a wardrobe and a certain style. I recall wearing "Hang Ten" fashions in the early 80s. It's been fun looking back!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Marilyn,
Thank you!
The girls were hoping that if Martin had his own skates he's stop complaining about them skating around his marble tower. I think it's working.
Kimberly does have a sweet face. Her hair is really thick and fun to play with. I am enjoying sewing for her.
Hugs
Brenda

Karen said...

Great job Brenda! Karen

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Karen,
Thank you! I was really happy that Kimberly was gifted to me. I had such fun going down memory lane with her.
Hugs
Brenda