My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, February 25, 2024

80s Fashions for Kimberly

My last post was all about Kimberly.
She is from 1983 and wore a
Hang Ten skating outfit.

 In the early 1980s Hang Ten fashions 
were a very big deal.  

Hang Ten was a surfer brand.

They sold surfboards, Surf fashions,
skateboards and....

Apparently, rollerskates!

Kimberly has a cute pink stripe roller 
skating outfit that matches her skates.
BUT, where did this cute jacket come from?

I found that the ready made doll clothes from
Walmart were just slightly larger than
Kimberly!

With just a minor adjustment in sleeves 
and width they work great! 
Since the 80s fashions are 
coming back, many of these 
outfits are spot on!

As you can see the early 80s had lots of soft 
pastels in knit and cotton fabrics.
(I never looked this cool in the 80s)

This is an upcycled ladies blouse I made 
into a tee dress.

The necklace I made out of some
cute fruit earrings.

Hang Ten Pastel Stripes were all the rage!

A pair of toddler shorts made the perfect
faux Hang Ten sundress.

Complete with a faux label!

This is a perfect Shopping outfit.

In the late 70s and early 80s Roller Skating
and Roller Disco was a big deal. 

 I and my friends ALL
wanted roller skating birthday parties 
at the neighborhood rink.

This next tee set is my favorite.  It 
definitely has that 80s Roller skating look!

Yes, this Skating Tee came from Walmart too.

I made her a second pair of stripe
knee socks.

"This is how I roll!"  
Kimberly is ready to go to the
 roller rink with all her friends.

A perfect day for this skating girl!

7 comments:

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Sandra,
Thank you! I had a lot of fun going back and looking at the early 80s fashions. When Kimberly came out I was in High School. I remember all these styles! I was especially enjoying recalling going to roller rinks and lamenting that I never did get that pnk satin jacket I wanted. I had SO many ideas for Kimberly's wardrobe, but I had to narrow it all down. I was grateful to find the ready made outfits that were so great, especially that skate tee!
Hugs
Brenda

Jennifer said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! What fun! These all look great! I adore the sundress you made from the toddler shorts. I remember those satin jackets. I always liked the pink and the pastel blue. Thank you for sharing. It was nice to see your work and to see the flashback!

Maryn said...

Such cute outfits! You are so creative with re-imagining the toddler pieces!

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you! I had so much fun reminiscing over skating and fashions from the 80s! I’m so glad you enjoyed it too. Creating fashions for Kimberly was a lot of fun.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Maryn,
Thank you! I love up cycling clothing for the dolls. Sometimes I go thrifting just to find vintage looking fabrics. Since dolls don’t require a lot of fabric it’s a great way to find certain looks.
So glad you liked what I created.
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
Kimberly looks fantastic in all her new outfits. I loved the pastels in the 80's and still do. I always loved the little Hang Ten feet logo. I remember pouring over magazines with their clothing ads in them.
Kimberly is lucky to have such a great skating rink and friends to skate with.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Thank you! I remember all those 80s fashions too! This was a walk down memory lane for me. I loved those Hang Ten fashions.and going to the roller rink. I’m glad you enjoyed seeing Kimberly’s new outfits and skating fun.
Hugs
Brenda