My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Thursday, May 09, 2024

Going to Utah!

After their winter wedding, Tom started his
medical residency in a small town in Utah.
Meanwhile Lauren went back to California to
pack all their things, pick up Tom's van 
and meet Tom at their new home. 
All this with the help of their friends.
Dr. Savage: Hello Lauren, it's me Tom.
How is the packing going?

Lauren: Oh Tom, it's so good to hear your 
voice! Packing is going fine.
I think we'll be ready to go in 
a day or two.

Dr. Savage: Great!  I think I found us a house
darling.  You will love it I promise.

Lauren: Oh... don't you think you should 
wait til I'm there with you?

Dr. Savage:  Oh no.  You'll love it! 
(paging Dr. Savage...)
Bye now, I have to start my rounds. 

Lauren: Oh girls, you will never guess what Tom has done.
Girls unison: WHAT?!?
Lauren:  He bought a house!
Girls unison: Oh no...

Lauren: Oh my, I'm going to Utah! And Tom 
bought a house without me! 

A Few Days Later...

Boys: C'mom girls! Let's go! We've got a long drive today!
Girls: Do we really have to leave this early?
Lauren: Look everyone! A rainbow!

Lauren: Bye Ocean...
Julia: Oh Lauren, you'll be back to visit!
John: When we get to Barstow we'll stop for breakfast.

Everyone: Peggy Sue's for breakfast!
Christopher: I'm starving!

Viola: I've never been here before, what's good?
Amanda: Oh everything!!

Christopher: This is the most boring part of this drive
between Barstow and Las Vegas...
*silence* Amanda? Viola? 
Girls: Zzzzzz

John: Look were we are girls!!
Girls: Look we're in Las Vegas!

Julia: Oh.. I wonder what it looks like at night?!?

Amanda: I've never seen anything like this. It's all so modern!

John: We're nearly to the Utah border.
Lauren: Oh! Look at all the colors!

Lauren: We're here! Saint George! 
Now, we just need to find the house.
Julia: I'm sure Tom picked a nice house Lauren.

Lauren:  Look! There's Tom!
Julia:  Lauren, the house is adorable!!
Tom: Welcome everyone! Come inside!

Tom: Welcome to your home Lauren!
Lauren: Oh Tom! It's beautiful!

Lauren: Oh girls! Come see the kitchen!

Lauren and Tom: Bye! Have fun camping!

John: Tom said we go this way out of town to find
a spot to camp.

Girls: This is a great spot!

Viola: Ooo, It's getting chilly.  It's nice having a fire.

Amanda: Oh look at that sunset!
Christopher:  Where are Julia and John? 
They're missing it!

Johnathan:  Julia, let's go to Vegas.
Julia: John, are you asking me to marry you?
Johnathan: Yes, Julia, marry me! Tomorrow!

Next Day

John: This is the place!
Julia: I'm SO happy Lauren let me borrow her dress.
John: Yes, and Tom his tux! Tom said he'd tell the 
others after we were on our way.

Julia: Who was that guy that married us?
John: I heard someone say he was famous?

Johnathan: Remind me to thank Tom for loaning 
us his new car! 
Julia: It was so nice of him.
So this is what it looks like at night.

8 comments:

Loretta said...

So adorable! Love it all.

Maryn said...

So cute and sweet! Thank you for keeping us entertained during your move!

Anna said...

Hi Brenda, I love the story and the wonderful pictures. I would happily move into the house Tom chose. The camping looks like fun, and another wedding how exciting!

Brenda Savage said...

HI Loretta,
Thank you! I'm so pleased you enjoyed our little travel blog. hehe!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Mary,
You are SO welcome. This was going to be a doll vesion of our move, but it kind of took on a life of it's own! I guess it's true, one wedding brings on another.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Me too! I love those little Craftsman homes. It is my favorite era of architecture hands down. I was as surprised by this wedding as you are! Who knew that John wanted to pop the question all this time? :)
Hugs
Brenda

Jenny said...

Oh, I love a Craftsman home, too! I don't own one, but am working toward having it look a bit like a Craftsman cottage! One day I may even be able to clad the columns that separate my dining room from the entry and living room...already a feature in my manufactured home, which has a double gable over the entry.

Brenda Savage said...

HI Jenny,
Me too!! I wish I could find a Craftsman home to live in. WE are actually just moved to Utah and everything is new builds! There are a few downtown, but all been made into offices or boutiques. sigh. I just visited an antique shop in a craftsman home, it was beautiful!
Hugs
Brenda