My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, December 19, 2022

A Christmas Wedding

Tom and Lauren got engaged this past June.
Everyone was very excited!

Not long after, Tom graduated from college
with honors in pre-med.

Lauren! You won't believe this!
I got into Medical School!!
Oh Tom! I'm so proud of you! 

I'm afraid I have to go in a few weeks...
And it's in Massachusetts..

Oh no, Tom! That's too far away!
I can't stand being separated
until you finish school!

I know Lauren, we'll think of something.

LATER THAT FALL


Hello? Lauren is that you?

It's me Tom!
I miss you so much!

Me too Darling, but listen, I don't have a lot of time.
I wanted to talk to you about when I'm home
for the Holidays.  Remember what you said
 over the summer about this winter?

Oh Tom, I would love that!
I'll have to work fast, but
let's do it! Remember
let's make it a surprise.

One Month Later

Why are we driving Tom's Van to Big Bear?
And why are we dressed like Christmas Carolers?

We know as much as you do girls.

All we know is that Tom and Lauren needed the station wagon
and they left early this morning.

Jon! Did you see the mountains today?
Can Tom's van even drive in the snow?

Of course it can! Beside I'll be driving.
So, let's go girls, we don't want to be late!

Oh boy just look at that view!!

OH! Be careful Jon, it's really starting to snow!
Don't worry girls, I'm a great driver.

Boy, it's really coming down now!
We're almost there.
It looks like we're heading to our
ice skating pond!

It is our pond! Are we skating?
There's the trailer, but where are Tom and Lauren?

There's Tom!

So, Tom, are we walking to carol from here?
Where not caroling.
Can you just come over here with me?

GASP! Oh my, is this...?
It's a WEDDING!
Oh, she's so beautiful! 

I Thomas, take you Lauren...
But! (hush Julia)

I Lauren, take you Thomas...
But? (hush Amanda)

For better or worse,
Richer or poorer,
Til death do us part.

What just happened? Is it real?
Oh yes, we actually got married this
morning by a judge, but Lauren
wanted to surprise you all!

It's my Winter Wedding!
We are having a wedding dinner
at Big Bear Lodge, so let's get out
of the cold!

CONGRATULATIONS 
LAUREN and TOM!!

So, where's the honeymoon?
A little place we love.

Tom, this has been the perfect day.
I agree, my wife!
I like the sound of that.
Me too Tom.


14 comments:

Jenny said...

What a wonderful surprise for all the girls and guys! It's a good thing they did the 'official' beforehand, so there was no need to be out in the cold for the ceremony!

Brenda Savage said...

HI Jenny,
Thank you! It was a fun surprise for everybody. I do think everyone was happy to get to the warm Lodge for dinner!
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Sandra,
Thank you! I had fun creating this special wedding post. It was a lot of fun creating the settings and editing snow into each photo!
Hugs
Brenda

Susan said...

Oh, Brenda! What a fabulous pictorial story-teller you are! There's so much thought you've put into this whole fabulous narrative - every scene is like a little Wonderland! And your photo-editing is truly amazing... I just love looking at all the cute details and the 'animations' (phone-holding?!!) I will be going back through this a few times to see what I've missed 😊
Thank you SO much for sharing this fun with us! Merry Christmas to you and your family,

Susan

Janet said...

What a good surprise! Lauren looks beautiful , I can tell she is sooo happy!

Everyone looks grand - I am sure it was a wonderful time !

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Janet!!
Thank you SO much. I had a lot of fun with this post. As you know, I've had Lauren's wedding dress since last Spring. I made her a matching cape with the same lace to make it more winter-ish. I do enjoy creating these little stories. My LMR are so much fun for these stories since they are such a fun size.
Big hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Susan,
Thank you! I do enjoy making these scenes. I have a great photo-editing program that has lots of fun tools. That is how I add the snow over everything. I can also cut out images and create scenes like the dinner with them all sitting down. It's fun being able to create all these scenes.
Big Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Linda,
Thank you! This story makes me happy too. I had so much fun creating the images and piecing the story together.
Christmas Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

I love this sweet wedding story! Also the beautiful wedding dress for Lauren! What a lovely, fun story for Christmas!

Brenda Savage said...

HI Maryn,
Thank you!
I had a lot of fun with this post. I actually made Lauren's dress months ago, but just added the cape in matching satin and lace. I love snow scenes, especially since I live where we only get snow far away in the mountains.
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
A wedding in the snow looks beautiful.
We are enjoying the sun here at the moment, so it's hard to imagine the cold!
I love all the outfits, you must have put a lot of work into them.
I hope you and your family have a safe and Happy Christmas.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Yes, it would be warm where you are! I love the snow, but where I live is warm too. We do have snow covered mountains about 2 hours inland. I’m so glad you enjoyed our Winter Wedding.
Happy Christmas
Brenda

Betty said...

I enjoyed your little story and all the wonderful scenes. They were all so well dressed. Betty

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Betty,
I have fun creating these scenes. I'm glad you enjoyed my story.
Hugs
Brenda