My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 04, 2018

A little dresser from a friend!

This past August a dear friend saw this little rattan dresser at a community sale.  She texted a picture and asked if I wanted it.  Of course I did!!  

This little dresser was in rough shape.  Some of the rattan was broken or unraveling.

I knew I was going to paint so I repaired loose and missing rattan with ribbon and white glue.

After a new coat of paint the little dresser looks SO much better.

And here it is in the doll corner. This is where all my 1920s and 1930s dolls live.

The photo over the dresser is my Grandmother when he was 11.
This was taken in 1930, so I thought this was a perfect spot.
She too was a doll collector.

BUT, who else do you see in this picture?

My twin Patsy Jr. dolls

My Patsy Joan

Patsy Ann

And my latest thrift store find - Kewpie!

2 comments:

discodiva1979 said...

hello, came across this today. lovely dolls & thrift finds. is that a toddler size dresser? Good restoration. take care

Brenda Savage said...

Hi DiscoDiva,
The dresser is definitely doll-size. Only about 10 inches tall. I do love thrifting and so does my friend who gave me this dresser.
Hugs
Brenda