My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Fixing cloudy doll eyes

I have this Madame Alexander baby doll with a cloudy eye. 
I was wondering what could be done and did a search online.

I found lots of articles and decided to give this solution a try,
what did I have to lose?

So, all you do is make a cone from card stock paper or light cardboard.
Make sure the opening is the size of the doll's eye.

Put the cone on the doll's eye
and use a hair dryer to blow hot air into the doll's eye.
This works because ...

"The cloudiness is caused by a hard waxy film that very strongly adheres to 
the plastic & metal surfaces."


I did this for about 2 to 3 five minute sessions,
AND LOOK!!
The writer of this article said that the cloudiness could return over time, but that she has found this to be a much faster and easier solution than trying to replace the eyes.

She looks so much better!

17 comments:

Mel'sTeacup said...

Thank you for sharing this information.

Savagebd said...

You are welcome Tasha! I was thrilled to figure this out. It is SO easy and really gives good results.

B said...

Thanks so much !

Brenda Savage said...

You are welcome Bridget!

Unknown said...

Thank you! This is a great quick solution!

Brenda Savage said...

You are SO welcome. I felt the same way when I found out about this easy solution!

Debbie said...

I love this idea but my hair dryer cuts off after a couple minutes. Also does this work on different causes of cloudy eye? I don't know how to tell what caused the cloudiness in my Madame Alexander dolls? I'm super curious and will try this again.

Savagebd said...

Hi, Unknown visitor,
I don't think it would hurt to try this cloudy eye fix on any doll. I don't know about other causes of cloudy eyes, so I can't advise you. I decided to give this a try and it worked for my particular doll.

THanks

Brenda

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I will give it a try. Do you know anything about cracked or cloudy glass eyes? Thanks

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anonymous,
(Sorry I don't know your name) I hope this works out for you! I don't know anything about glass eyes. I'm not sure if this will work or not.
HUgs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea! Thank you so much

Anonymous said...

Absolutely worked immediately! Many thanks! She probably couldn’t see for years!

Brenda Savage said...

Hello to you both, Anonymous commenters,
I'm glad you both liked this post. I was really surprised as well how easy this was and how effective to restore cloudy eyes!
Hugs
Brenda

Pam said...

Do you happen to know if a doll has split somewhere is it possible to glue the area and if it would hold?

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Pam,
There are ways to repair splits in plastic dolls. I would search YouTube for tutorials. I would think a good epoxy would hold, but there would be ways to do it that I wouldn't know.
Do a search for "repairing splits in plastic dolls" and see what you find.
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Thank you...thank you...thank you!!!

Brenda Savage said...

You are SO welcome!!!
Hugs
Brenda