My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 01, 2019

My new Madame Alexander Elise Doll

 Those of you who have been reading my blog for awhile
 know I had this beautiful brunette Elise doll
I found her on eBay and freshened her
 up and made her some new clothes.
She was SO lovely.  
Well, in a foolish fit of trying to de-clutter
my doll/sewing room
I sold her....sob.
WHAT was I thinking?
(Feel free to berate me in your comments)

After coming back to my senses I tried to find another Elise.
Alas, there were no brunettes that I could afford, BUT I did find this
little girl within my budget.
 She was a little sad.

She didn't have ANY clothes, she obviously needed me.

 Before she arrived I had already ordered her some shoes...

And some lingerie.

After she arrived, she got the usual cleaning process.
Luckily she was in pretty good condition, just needed
a good wash and style.

 She has a couple small splits, but I haven't decided if
I will fix them or not. I have had great results using "Liquid Nails"
on plastic dolls with these types of splits.

After she arrived I made this handkerchief dress for her.

And this matching bandeau hat.

So, obviously she needed pink shoes.

 Then this swing coat and wool slacks showed 
up in a lot of vintage doll clothes!
(I think she needs a different hat though...)

 And, of course, you have already seen her Christmas skirt and blouse.
I made the skirt, but the blouse I found on eBay.

Here is a little better view of her matching bandeau.

BUT WAIT!

On Christmas Eve I saw this dress on eBay in Vintage Doll Clothes.
I know, it doesn't look like much, but I thought
there was potential here.  It was the right measurements
and it appears to be from the 50s, so I took a chance.

The dress was listed as shiny nylon, but it is taffeta.
It was pretty crushed when it arrived, but I have amazing
ironing talent and a tiny ironing board!

This is my tiny ironing board.  My husband made it as a prop for
my daughters American Girls but I really use it!
This is my secret for pressing tiny sleeves.
So after a good pressing here is Elise's new Vintage dress.

I LOVE IT!  It came out great.
I was so excited about this dress I decided to just 
press this dress before washing, but
after this shoot it definitely needs a wash.

That little black belt goes with everything!
OH! and I made her a new hat.
This is a tulle crown with a rhinestone decoration.

So, that's my new Elise and she won't be sold!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

8 comments:

Becky in IL said...

Brenda,

I'm so grateful that you re-started your blog again. Everything that you write and share about (your dolls) makes me so happy. I truly enjoyed this latest narrative on your new Elise. She's lovely and you've made her into a real beauty. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job on the doll and the dress.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Joan

Anonymous said...

The doll looks beautiful. I love the Christmas skirt and blouse. You always do a first rate job with the makeovers.
HAPPY,BLESSED 2019
Marion

Anonymous said...

What lovely clothes you made for Elsie. You did a great job cleaning her up. Wishing you and yours a blessed and happy 2019.
Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Thank you Becky! I'm glad you found my blog again. I enjoy sharing my projects with you all.

Savagebd said...

Thanks Joan, I really enjoy making and refurbishing dresses for my dolls.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marion! Even though the Christmas skirt fabric is not really a vintage style, I really like how it turned out. Elise has other vintage wardrobe pieces, right?

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marilyn. I enjoy my doll projects. It never gets old for me.