My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, January 05, 2019

New Vintage dresses

I love purchasing big lots of vintage doll clothes
and waiting to see if I have any great finds!
These first two dresses came together.
These two dresses are from the 1940s or 50s.

I knew as soon as I saw it, this yellow dress would be perfect
for my 17" Patsy Joan. The Patsy Joan doll was made
during the early 40s.  You can see her hair is in a different style.
So these 1940 dresses are perfect for her.

This decorative ribbon has circus performers and elephants.

The second dress fit my reproduction Patsy Joan who
is 16".  It looks perfect on her.

I love the ric-rac pattern on this dress.
I'm sure this dress would fit my Patsy Jr dolls as well.

It has this little tear on the sleeve but I can fix that.

This next lot I believe is also from the late 30s and early 40s.

Joan is getting a lot of new dresses!
How cute is this?

I love this fabric.  It might be a flour sack fabric.

  Again with the ric-rac trim - love it!

This little sailor collar is so sweet.

Next is this green gingham skirt with shoulder straps.

This is the same blouse that my Elise wore with her skirts!
Elise is 15" and Maggie is 17".
Maggie and 17" Patsy Joan can share a lot of dresses as well.

These next dresses I found in a trunk in an antique shop.
This first is a robe, but I love this fabric.

This would actually fit a larger doll, but
it's very cute on Patsy.

This dress is my ABSOLUTE favorite!
Definitely from the 1930s.

It has a traditional Patsy doll style collar and
 it is blue to match Patsy Ann's eyes.

Also, it was common in the 30s to use a small pin to 
close doll dresses and guess what this dress had.

This next dress is also from the 30s.  I may sell this as it 
is really too large for my Patsy Ann.

You can see it has sweet pleated details in this picture.

The next 2 dresses were bought individually.
This skirt and blouse I hoped would fit my Maggie doll, 
but it is for an 18" doll.

I love it on my AG Molly.
The blouse has a Nehru collar with a bow.

I moved the bottom blouse button to the middle since it
was missing. It may be the blouse was supposed to be loose,
but I like it tucked.

This last dress is most likely from the 50s.

 I decided to try it on my 1930s Arranbee Nancy.
I had this little crochet sun hat and it is perfect together!

Very sweet!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have a beautiful bunch of dresses. All of them are cute and very pretty. Your girls look gorgeous.
Marion,Joan and Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Thank you ladies, who doesn't like new clothes, right?