My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

1965 Madame Alexander Puddin Baby-doll

This past November, I fixed up my friend's Puddin Baby doll.
She had been in my friend's attic for a
long time and she needed some TLC. 
You can see her makeover by clicking the link below.


Well, while I was restoring my friend's Puddin, 
I came across a Puddin on eBay that was in almost new condition.
She needed her hair brushed and her hands and feet washed, but that was all.
What could be better than for me and my bestie to both
have the same doll from our childhood!?
And here she is!
I thought it was time I introduced her.

Here is my Puddin right after I got her cleaned up.
I bought her dress on eBay but I made her sweater.

One of the first things I did was turn her
top braid into a curl.  Her braid had been cut 
very short at one time, so I thought this was cute solution.

Puddin is a 20" doll so she can wear baby clothes.
This makes it easy to find cute outfits for her!

This is one of the first outfits I found for her.

The pockets are Kitties!

NOW, all the following outfits and dresses came from Thrift Stores!
Here's a pretty blue dress with an embroidered collar.

I love the smocking on this dress!
I may add something to dress it up a little.

A teddy bear dress!
How cute is that?

I found this Panda and Hearts dress 
just in time for Valentine's Day.

And here is a similar dress with Spring flowers.

And last of all a little hoodie for cool nights out.

I have really had fun dressing my Puddin, 
As I do with all my dolls.

8 comments:

Dorothy In PA said...

What a little cutie. I am all a buzz with plans for attending the Madame Alexander Doll Club convention in Winston-Salem in June. Seeing this doll made me smile.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Dorothy! I do love my Puddin. I wish I was attending a Doll Club Convention! Sounds like so much fun! Maybe one day...sigh.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

I have a Puddin to, well I used to have one. She belongs to my granddaughter now. They have the sweetest little faces and chubby cheeks! :o)

Brenda Savage said...

I do love my Puddin. She is so cuddly and pouty! I never had a Puddin when I was a girl, but she is definitely from my girlhood era. I wish I had had a Puddin; and I would hope I would have saved her like my friend did all these years!

Unknown said...

How tall is she? I have a puddin doll and she was mistreated before I got her. The guy we got her from said she was 26" tall.

Savagebd said...

My Puddin is 20”.

Debra Webber said...

Hi Brenda, how do you tell if a Mme Alex Puddin', Pussycat, Mommies Pet, or any of her soft body baby dolls are from the 1960's or later in the 1970's? The neck reads 1965, but some are priced under $100 and some are well over $100. It's hard to make an informed decision on ebay or Etsy. Debra in Nova Scotia, Canada

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Debra,
I usually go by the neck mark. It is common to see the same doll, same year at all different prices. Someone selling a doll that belonged to a family member and just want to get rid of it may sell for a lower price. If the doll looks good and it is the year mark you want, then get her!! I purchased my Puddin on eBay for about $50, but my Pussycat doll, Bella, I found in a thrift store for $5.00.
I hope this helps
Hugs
Brenda