My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Doll Room Tour

Every Spring I like to do a Doll Room Tour to show how my doll room changes year to year. My doll and sewing room is my favorite place.  So, I have filled it with all the things I enjoy having around me.  I hope you enjoy them too!

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE CLOSE-UPS

My Doll Room is in my attic space. This is the way up!

In the main room I have 2 dressers which hold my doll's clothes.

This is Cissy's drawer for her things that don't need to hang up.


And, here are Shirley Temple's little dresses.

On top of the dresser is my Betsy McCall doll in her case room.

My three China Head dolls.

And some of my favorite doll books.

The brown dresser has my 10" Patsyette reproduction and
 the china baby my Grandmother painted
 for me when I was a little girl.

To the left of the big white dresser is my Grandmother's secretary.
It now holds some more of my collection.

The bottom shelf holds my Nippon dolls.

Middle shelf.

Top shelf.

To the right of the stairs is a landing with some storage.

But look what's behind those doors!

Elise's and Cissy's room and their poodle Cocoa

The dressing table and lamp I made.

 
In the 1950s, Cissy was used to sell Yardley Soaps,
these are some of those ads on the wall of her room.

Behind Cissy are a photo of my mother and my
 friend Sina and I at a Senior Prom.

Elise at the dressing Table.

Above Cissy and Elise are all the hanging doll dresses.

Behind the mirror doors to the right are all 
our American Girl Doll clothes and accessories.

As you turn back to the main room, you see my sewing area. 
This cart holds all my doll hat making supplies.

Here is my sewing and blog area. Claire keeps me company.

My ironing station is just behind my sewing chair.
Under my ironing station is my remnants bin.

And to the right of my remnants bin are more
Raggedy's and my Madame Alexander Puddin baby doll.
(my friend Sina has a Puddin, so I wanted one too)

This is my view from my sewing station.
But, what's that area behind the secretary?!?

A little doll guest room!

Shirley Temple has a little room at the end of the doll house.
What doll house you ask?

This doll house!
Our american Girl Dollhouse.

FIRST FLOOR
The Living Room

The Kitchen

Molly's Room and her dog Bennet.

SECOND FLOOR
Julie's Room

Grace's Room, and her Doxie Lacey.

Emma's Room, and her Pom Missy Pooh.

THIRD FLOOR
Martin's Room

And the guest room.

Looking back towards the main room, you see
my Composition Dolls.


This is my 1930s doll corner.

The photo above the dresser is my Grandmother, Barbara Ellen in 1930.
She was 11 years old in this photo.

The babies in their crib.

The rattan dresser top.

 Everyone is playing dolls!
What else should you do in a doll room?

I hope you have enjoyed seeing our doll room as much as we have enjoyed showing it to you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tour. I enjoyed all of it. Thank You for sharing.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful post. I love every room.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much for showing your beautiful doll houses,rooms and dolls. They are all lovely.
HAPPY EASTER
Marion

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn, I'm so pleased you enjoyed it.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan. I really love making rooms for all the dolls. I have always loved miniatures and it is so much fun finding little bits and pieces to ad to the doll rooms. I'm so glad you enjoyed my tour.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion, I love sharing my dolls and all the projects I am working on. The doll room tour also forces me to clean up my sewing table! Haha!

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Your doll collection is so beautifully displayed! Loved seeing all of it. :o)

Brenda Savage said...

OH! I am so glad you enjoyed my doll room. This is my get-away. I love being in here and seeing all my doll friends. Everywhere I look there is something pretty!