My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, May 04, 2019

Pretty in Pink

I was wondering what to do next here at the Savage Pea.
Then I thought,
"What could be better than an all pink fashion show
on a lovely Spring day in May?"

First up is Patsy Joan wearing a little dotted Swiss
dress with a square lace collar.


She truly is pretty in this pink dress.

Next are the Patsy Jr twins.
I think I will call them Polly and Patty.
Polly, blue-eyed and Patty, brown-eyed.

Why does my Kewpie always look like she's up to something?
This pink print with black trim and a sailor collar suits her.

Patsy Ann is wearing one of my own creations.
I actually used a 16" doll pattern and adjusted it
to a larger size - WHEW!

Another sweet girl, so pretty wearing pink!

This starry dress is a new find.
I immediately imagined Nancy wearing it.

It's perfect for her.
SO adorable!

One of my FAVORITE dresses today
(and another recent find!)
and its not even really a dress, it's a pinafore 
made from a hankie!

It's also more lavender than pink, but I 
had to include it.
Isn't this the cutest thing?

This is my Patsyette repro doll.
This is the dress she came in, made in the classic Patsy style.
She is just 9" tall! 

Here she is next to Joan for comparison.
(I made her 3" Raggedy Ann)

Speaking of Raggedy Ann, I had to include my 
Raggedy Ann wearing a pink dress.
It was her pink dress that drew me to her!

Tiny 8" Betsy McCall doesn't get included enough,
So what a perfect time to show off her tiny pink crochet dress.
BUT!
That's not the only crochet dress in the doll room!
Or the smallest!

 5", 4" and 3", my teeny-tiny bisque dolls
and a bit more lavender in our pink show.

I left the fashion girls for last.
Elise in her pink taffeta dress.

AND...

Cissy looking ready for an evening garden party
in her pink polka dot cotton gown.

I hope you've enjoyed our fashion show!

12 comments:

Dorothy In PA said...

What a lovely fashion show! They are all visions in pink.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Dorothy! I'm glad you enjoyed our Fashion Show.

Anonymous said...

The fashion show is lovely. The pinafore made from a hankie is very pretty and a job well done. love all the different styles and dolls.
Thank You
Marion

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the pink fashion show. The dolls look beautiful in their gorgeous outfits. Pink is my favorite color so this was a treat for me.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I like the hanky dress too, so cute!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn, Pink is my favorite too! I love dressing up the dolls and sharing. I'm so glad you enjoyed the show.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful outfits. I especially like the crochet dresses. My grandmother made two for my very tiny boy and girl dolls.
Joan

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan, can you believe there was a time I didn't like crochet doll dresses!?! Well, I have come to my senses because now I LOVE them! They are SO cute. You are so fortunate your Grandma made little dresses for you!

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Hi Brenda! Somehow I lost track of you and some other bloggers. I popped over to my blog and my background was gone and so was my blog list. I have been trying to build it back up. Was so happy to find you again! Love, love, love your pink fashion show! All of your dolls are gorgeous. I think my favorite is the dress you made for Patsy Ann. I hope you and your's have been well. Blessings!
~Carolyn
Dolly Blessings

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you so much Carolyn! I'm so glad you found me again. I had fun dressing all the dolls up in their pink dresses. I'm glad you enjoyed them too.
We have all been well here, thanks for asking.

And Blessings back to you and yours

Brenda

Janet said...

I am particularly enamoured with patsy Joan's hanky pinafore - it looks so light and airy - perfect for a hot Summer day!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Janet, YES! I agree about Joan's hankie pinafore dress. When I first took it out of the box and looked at it, I was not sure what I thought, but after I washed and pressed it I fell in love. It is very light and has ribbon closures on each side. Not sure if that showed or not.