My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

9" Effanbee Patsyette Doll


I recently found this little girl on eBay.
She needed some TLC.
Her left eye is chipped.

And her neck needs some work.
Her Effanbee stamp is quite clear.

Her right leg was poorly painted, but,
overall her paint was in good condition.
So, I decided to try and just fix the problem areas.

I used a wood filler to cover the broken area on the back of her head.

Next I wanted to repaint her eye.
I mixed brown and green to match her eye color.
I painted a circle of green, then let that dry.
Next I painted the black pupil.
To finish I dabbed a tiny dot of white.

Not bad for my first try!

Using make-up sponges I touched up
the back of her head and hair.

Then I gave her a little more color
in her cheeks.

I already had this little dress.
It fits perfectly!

Here she is next to her sister.
She is slightly larger.

Her little sister kindly let her have 
the bigger of the 2 beds.

Here she is sitting pretty with her little Raggedy Ann.

WAIT!  Their names!
I had a suggestion of Elizabeth and Margaret,
after the Royal Princesses.
I like these names, so they will be
Elizabeth on the left and Margaret on the right.

Next I want to see if I can improve her little shoes.

10 comments:

Dorothy In PA said...

Oh, she is adorable! You did an excellent job of restoring her.

I am so delighted that you used the names.

I love seeing the sisters together. I am sure that they will be great chums and have many adventures. The room is just perfect for them.

Becky in IL said...

Elizabeth and Margaret are so dear. Brenda, your blog postings truly give me inspiration. Your "resurrection" of many of your dolls and their clothes, etc., are truly marvelous. I do trust that you will continue on with your blog. I look forward to each and every one of your postings. Elizabeth's restoration is wonderful. What a great job you did on her.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Congrats on another sweet Effanbee girl! You did a great job fixing her up. And they look adorable in their new room. :o)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Dorothy! I love history and have watched and read so much about the Royal Princesses. You really hit the mark with me suggesting their names! I loved how the current Queen was called Lillibet as a child. I may call my Elizabeth that sometimes, but just between us. ;)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Becky, such kind words. I really appreciate what you have said. I always second guess myself and wonder if I am doing right by these old dolls. I just know I want them to look pretty and feel pretty.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Carolyn, I am so pleased with this little girl I definitely have a thing with these Effanbee dolls. I am afraid my family wants to do an intervention. HA!

Janet said...

Great job on restoring the r=shoes. My patsy Joan, Francine, has her original red shoes, but they are very fragile. I may just experiment and repair them the way you did! I am glad you were brave!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

I was very nervous about the shoes, but they turned out great! Don't be afraid.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the way you restored your doll; I want to try this out so badly. I hope I have a tiny bit of luck in accomplishing a fraction of what your doll looks like!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you so much!
I enjoy a little creative challenge. What I like about acrylics is that they are water based, so you can wipe off and try again. Thanks for your kind comments.
Hugs
Brenda