My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Cabinet Doll House - Part 3

When last I worked on the dollhouse the upper
floor was pretty close to complete.
Since then I have been working on some crafts to 
add some more decor items to the house.

I crocheted two floor rugs.  

I gathered up some miscellaneous mini frames.

I made some paper crafts.
Mini-book tutorial to follow soon!

AND I decided to use these tiny LED strings for lighting.
So how is it all coming together?

TAKE A LOOK!

Here is a view of the whole interior.

The upper bedroom got a new blue rug.

And a pitcher and bowl.
The tiny Raggedy Ann book is from an
online seller. This  little book has all the
illustrations and stories inside!

Here is Maggie's bed and a book of poems.

Here is Lillie's bed.

NEXT THE PARLOR!

Here is the parlor with a new pink rug.

This shelf was part of the window frame.
I took it apart to use both pieces separately.

A view of the corner table.
The butterflies are fabric cutouts
glued to thin cardboard.

This little table was a plain wood drawer box from Michael's.
My husband helped me add the trim around the top.
Then I painted it to match the other green pieces.

The window frame was once attached to the shelf.

One of the books I made sitting on 
a rattan love seat. I painted the rattan 
pieces white and made the cushions.

And that's everything!
(for now)

Thanks for checking in!

LOOK!
A couple cute additions!

This little tea set just arrived!
The scale is a little large, but I like it.

 The girls like it too!

Since their house is in a Cooley Record Cabinet
I thought they should have a record 
player and some records.

13 comments:

Dorothy In PA said...

The rooms are lovely. I love the little touches. I missed the chair rail or picture rail before. It is so cute.

The rooms are so homey. I am sure that the sisters are very comfortable.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Brenda, this is fabulous! All the colors and the dolls and all accessories are perfect! I keep going back to look at everything. Great job! :o)
Blessings!
~Carolyn

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Dorothy! Yes, the white trim was to fix my lack of wallpaper on the top floor. Haha! I had to figure out what to do because the papers I used were the last in the store.

Lily and Maggie are loving their new place. We all had so much fun making things to add to the decor. I'm so glad you liked it.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Carolyn! I really like to know what my blog friends think of my work. It gives me so much pleasure to share my little projects with other doll lovers. I fell pleased with everything, but I am going to the craft store today - who knows what I might find!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful rooms. I love the rugs. Good job.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Brenda all of your girls look very happy and contended.
Joan

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion! I am pleased with how the rugs came out. I am making some little additions to the dollhouse already. I will be sure to post pictures.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan! I like to think they are all happy and content. When I was a girl, I could not go to sleep until all my dolls and stuffed animals were tucked in their beds. Many of my dolls were just wrapped in an old baby blanket or a towel. I always wished I had more doll beds! Well, I think I've made up for that lack now! haha :)

Anonymous said...

I love the way you have added the books to the doll house. The dolls sure have learned to read at an early age. Every room is so pretty.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn! Yes, my dolls are very smart. :) They all read or maybe just look at the pictures.

lil red hen said...

This was such a pleasure, reading your post and seeing the pictures of your dollhouse creations. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I've just found your blog and want to read more about the dollhouse.

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the doll house. I love creating spaces for my dolls. I hope you enjoy looking through some of my older posts as well.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Sandra! I'm so happy you have enjoyed my doll house project. I have had a lot of fun putting it together. I am happy to hear that you have done some sewing as well! I hope it brings you joy.