My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Friday, July 12, 2019

Cabinet Dollhouse - Part 2

In my previous post the Cabinet Dollhouse bedroom looked like this.
I decided to put the small Bisque Dolls in another place.
I thought the 2 sizes of furniture didn't work well.

The Bisque dolls are now in my Grandmas Secretary.

I also had this upper wall situation to solve.

This is my solution. I painted the upper wall pink and added
some mini-molding in white.

Here is the full wall.  I may do something more in the corner.
But, what is that extra bed post you see?

Over the weekend I found this little bed in my 
local Antique shop!

Yes, it's a Strombecker doll bed.
These were made for the little 8 - 9" dolls
like Ginny and Muffie in the 1950s.

But my new little bed needed a mattress and a quilt!

I selected some fabrics from my remnants bin.

I did a simple zig-zag quilt to match the other bed's quilt.

Here is the new bed all made up!
BUT! Who is going to sleep here?

This little 9.5" Patsyette doll from the 1930s!
She needs a little TLC. I can't wait for her to arrive!
She is coming from Texas, so she should be here soon.

So here is the top floor of the Cabinet Dollhouse thus far!

Now that there is another Patsyette coming
both these little dolls need a name!
Hhmm....any suggestions?

13 comments:

Janet said...

Your bedroom is much improved - how luck r=oo have a new Patsyette arriving soon.

I have a quilt top that has that same butterfly print mixed in it - must have been popular!

I nan=me all my dolls, they rarely keep the manufacturer's name. Each one is named for a family member, or an old school friend. A few are named for the person from whom I got the doll.
If I ever get a doll and a name doesn't occur to me soon after her arrival, I know she will not be staying long.
/will you Patsyette's be sisters? Twins? Cousins? Or simply friends. Maybe you have some dear cousins you'd like to honor, or a friend and her sister from long ago.

Janet


Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Janet, I am happy with how the dollhouse is shaping up. I think the 2 dolls will be twins, but I have to see how much they look alike. My current Patsyette is an artist made reproduction. Maybe they'll be cousins? You've given me some good ideas! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Brenda I love your dollhouse. The Patsy dolls might be twins? Marilyn and I are twins. The wall paper of pink flowers is pretty. Thank you for sharing. Always enjoy your posts.
Marion

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Marilyn. I didn't know you and Marion were twins! Thanks for sharing that with me. I think the dolls may be twins too. I have to think about their names. Sometimes when I see a doll their name just pops n my head, I think I'll know when I see them together.

Dorothy In PA said...

I love what you have done with the room. It is so sweet.
As for names, what about Elizabeth and Margaret?

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Dorothy, I think it is starting to come together. Oh, like he Princesses? Hmm, that might be cute.

Elle said...

I was thinking the names should go with the era - Maybe Betty and Barbara (Bobby?), like Betty Jean and Bobby Jo, or something like that...I also like flower names, Daisy and Rose? Daisy and Lily? Lily and Petunia? *sorry, my Harry Potter is showing lol

Elle said...

Elizabeth and Margaret could be Betty and Peggy, or Betty and Maggie...I just read the other comments...

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

You have done very well with this sweet dollhouse cabinet. I'm glad you could figure out a way to make the paper that you ran out of be perfectly enough. The colors and patterns are so pleasing and fun. I keep going back to look at all of it over and over. :o)
Blessings!
~Carolyn

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Elle, I love your suggestions for the doll's names. I was thinking the same thing, shorten their names to Lily and Maggie? Or Betty and Margo? Such good suggestions.

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Carolyn! That means a lot to me. I always second guess myself when I do things like this. I am bad about not researching how to do something properly (HA!) and just forge ahead. Then, as you see, I have to figure out how to fix my mistakes. I suppose it's a learning process, right?

Barbie Steves said...

Love what you have done! Did you make the mini Raggedy Ann?

Brenda Savage said...

Thanks Barbie! I did make the tiny Raggedy Ann doll! I love these tiny dolls. Raggedy Ann is one of my favorite dolls, so of course, my dolls should have them too. :)