My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Miss Revlon gets a wardrobe!

In my previous post I shared how I found and restored
this vintage Miss Revlon Doll.

I so enjoy doing a doll makeover
and this was no different.
But even though I had some items 
that fit this new doll, and the
dress she came in did make up very nicely
for her.  Every girl needs more than one dress!

SO, I did a little search online and guess what I found?

She sells dresses for all the Vintage fashion dolls!
I ordered this  blue Taffeta dress for my Miss Revlon.

How pretty is that?


Then I found this lot of dresses and accessories..

Sadly some of these pieces were too small!
I couldn't wait for my orders to arrive.
Do you want to see how she looks in her new dresses?

HERE SHE IS!


This blue taffeta is so pretty!

This neckline is classic.

Next is a pink lace evening gown


and finally a white shirt dress



This next outfit is made up of misc pieces I already had.
I think this is something she would wear
to the farmers market on a cool spring morning.

What do you think?
Is it an outfit?

Here it the outfit with her swing coat buttoned
at the collar.

Here is the outfit without the coat.

These pedal pushers have little grommets
Here they are with green ribbon...

And yellow ribbons.
Which do you like best?

Miss Revlon needs a name!
I can't keep calling her Miss Revlon.
Any thoughts?

20 comments:

Savagebd said...

Thank you Linda! I am glad you like her wardrobe. Hm, Margaret, that’s cute. She could be Maggie for short.

Anonymous said...

Brenda the fashions are lovely. It is hard to choose a favorite but I will pick the white dress with the fashionable hat. Miss Revlon could be called Emily.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Miss Revlon looks quite charming in her many outfits. I love the color blue so the blue dress is my favorite. I would call her Margaret.
Marion

Dorothy In PA said...

I love her new outfits. She reminds me of Jacqueline Kennedy. I would name her Jackie or Jacqueline.

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

You did a wonderful job restoring her and her new outfits are wonderful! I honestly think you are one of those very gifted people who can do anything and everything. I'm always so impressed to see what you have been up to. Blessings! ~Carolyn

Anonymous said...

What beautiful outfits for my choice of name[Kathleen].My favorite color is pink, so I have to say I love the pink gown.
Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan, I like Emily too. I've had some really nice suggestions. I like the white dress too. Her hat is just some netting braided into a circle! I pinned it in place. Hehe

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marion, I had fun with her new outfits. You are the second person to think she looks like a Margaret. This is going to be a hard choice.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Dorothy, oooh, Jaqueline, so elegant. I'm glad you enjoyed this little fashion show.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Caroline, I do enjoy making an old doll look new again. She definitely needs a little more work on her hair. I'd like to get it a bit more shiny. Mot sure how possible that is, but I will try.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Sandra, I like to make little accessories for my dolls, hats, jewelry, handbags, shawls, etc! I even made the little shoes in the last outfit. Maybe I should do a shoe tutorial?

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marilyn, I like the pink dress too. Kathleen, that's a nice name too! Oh this is so hard to pick! It's fun asking all my friends to help me choose though.

Elle said...

She's really pretty, I think she looks like a Madeleine.

Savagebd said...

Thanks Elle, I’m so glad you like how she turned out. Ooh Madeline that’s nice too...

Xanadu said...

Oh wow! What a wonderful wardrobe she has. I'm afraid I have little to offer in the way of a name, but I am sure the right one will come to you eventually, maybe she will tell you herself. My dolls often do that when I'm stuck. LOL!
Big hugs,
X

Savagebd said...

So true Xanadu! I am amazed at how often a name just pops in my head when I look at a new doll. Coincidence? I think not. ;)

Big Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Hi Brenda,

How did I ever miss this posting? I love Revlon dolls. I think her casual outfit is adorable - I love the capri pants with their green or yellow bow.

I am sure by now this pretty girl has a name - I name most of my dolls after old friends, or relatives .

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Janet!

I don't know how you missed this either, hehe! I am glad you found it now though. I had such fun with her capri outfit. I may redo her outfit a little, I was winging it with whatever I had lying around.

Yes, she is called Emily.

Hugs
Brenda

Sherry said...

Hello!! I absolutely love all the cute outfits you have shown!!! I still have my Little Miss Revlon from my childhood. I named her after Polly Bergen, as she had dark brown hair. I also love the name Kelly!!!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Sherry,
I’m so pleased you enjoyed this post. I do love all the Miss Revlon dolls. I also enjoy finding clothes and refreshing them.
Hugs
Brenda