My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Vintage Doll Shoe Sizes

Updated: 5/20/21
I am again updating my Doll Shoe Sizes.
Hopefully, this will help you when you 
go to purchase shoes for one of your dolls.

Always remember, when ordering doll shoes,
that going by millimeters or inch
measurements is best!
I have found a 54mm shoe called a size 6 and a size 8!

Below is a link to a shoe size chart from "Prilly Charmin's Doll Shop"
Prilly Charmin Shoe Size Chart

The chart I have made below is mostly
to help me find shoe sizes for my personal doll collection.
I thought some of you might be aided by what I have found.



I have listed dolls who share the same size.

Most recently I have added 14" Mary Hoyer and 
13" Betsy McCall shoe sizes.

As you can see, 14" Mary Hoyer and 
13" Betsy McCall can share shoes.

Strange but true, 13" Betsy and 9" Patsyette
can share shoes too!
Unfortuantely the Mary Hoyer
has a thicker foot, so she can't share.

Look at that! This is why the height of a 
doll is not enough to find the right shoe size.

Here are my 9" Effanbee Patsyette dolls.
They are both wearing 38mm shoes.
The original shoes on the right are a perfect fit!
The new bought shoes on the left are loose.
This is just what to expect with dolls shoes.
Some fit perfect, others fit just OK.

19" Sally Ann can wear the same size shoes as
my American Girl Doll Molly.
This means Patsy Ann has LOADS of
shoes to choose from!

As you can see here my 17" Patsy Joan
can share shoes with 16" Arranbee Wendy. 
Wendy's feet are shorter, but wider.
Both these girls can wear a 65mm or a 68mm.

Here is my 13" Patsy Jr. doll with my 16" Patsy Joan
reproduction doll.  They share the same shoes!
Again, doll height is no guarantee of shoe fit.

BUT, the most important thing
when finding the right doll shoes?

"Do your doll's look adorable?!?"

16 comments:

Dorothy In PA said...

Thank you so much for this information. I don't have any of these dolls myself (except for a PC Addy) but I know that some of the women in my local doll club do and they will appreciate knowing about sizes.

I had the hardest time finding shoes for my Little Darlings and Bonekas when I first got them. I usually buy shoes in a larger size so they can fit over tights which my dolls wear often.

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful doll family.

Savagebd said...


Happy New Year Dorothy!

Oh! I love the Pleasant Company dolls. My Molly is a Pleasant Company, I found her in a thrift store and restored her! My whole doll journey started with my daughter's first American Girl doll. I was little too old when the Pleasant Company dolls first came about, but I think I would have picked a Molly just like her if I had the chance. :) My daughter and I had an AG doll blog called "The Savage Dolls" you can still look at the blog though we don't do anything with it anymore. sigh.

Buying doll shoes for all my different size dolls has been a struggle. I have asked questions of doll shoe sellers and they did not always know for certain what size certain dolls would wear! I do hope this chart can help other doll collectors, so thank you for sharing!

Hugs,
Brenda and all the Savage Dolls

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO You and ALL OF YOUR DOLL FAMILY
Joan

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your beautiful doll family A HAPPY,BLESSED and A HEALTHY NEW YEAR.
You always have a blog post that is so knowledgeable and interesting.
Marion

Anonymous said...

Thank You for this information. I love reading your blog. The dolls you have a gorgeous. Wishing you and yours and your beautiful doll family a blessed ,happy and healthy 2020.
Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Happy New Year Joan!
I am so pleased you enjoy our blog. I hope your New Year is full of blessings.

Hugs
Brenda and all the Savage dolls

Savagebd said...

Happy New Year Marion!

I am so glad you enjoy our blog and I hope you have a blessed and happy New year.

Hugs
Brenda and all the Savage Dolls

Savagebd said...

Happy New Year Marilyn!

I am so glad you you enjoy our blog. My dolls and I thank you all for being such great supporters of all we do. Have a blessed and Happy New Year!

Hugs
Brenda and all the Savage Dolls

Savagebd said...

Thanks Thimble! I know it is not info that everyone needs, but I do always include great shots of my dolls.

Brenda

MyFarmhouseBlue said...

Great info! Sometimes it's a struggle to find shoes for dolls that will fit properly. I always have to do a little detective work to figure it out. There is a particular seller on ebay that shows photos of the doll's foot on a ruler to show the actual length and the width. I find this very helpful, but you still have to take into consideration how tall the foot is and how big around the ankle is. The seller is DebsAdorables. Blessings!
~Carolyn

Savagebd said...

Thanks Carolyn, I have worked with DebsAdorables too! She is very helpful and always accepts exchanges to get the rightsize. I have done the same as you - a LOT of detective work and side by side comparisons of different dolls. WHEW! It can be a struggle, but so worth it when a doll has a complete outfit with matching shoes.
Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

OOPS - sorry Sandra almost missed you! I'm glad you felt this was helpful. My aim is to share fun and useful info with other doll collectors out there. It can be hard to find the right sizes for shoes.
Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Doll shoes are an adventure - finding the right sie as well as style is so important tot eh doll's total look.

I have found many of my dolls shoes at Deb's Adorables. I like to have classic mary janes for the girls. Some of the time i am able to find nice white tie-on shoes for the ones with chubbier feet - I always allow for socks.
If the shoes I get don't fit the intended doll, I m sure there is another waiting for them!

Most of my high heels dolls wear elastic strap high heels from Elfcrafters - I love the color range, and they last for years. I've had other elastic straps lose their zing after a couple of years, but no Elfcrafters!

Janet

Savagebd said...

Thank you Janet!
You are so right! Shoes are do important and sometimes a struggle to find the right fit. I have also purchased shoes from Deb's adorables. She is so helpful. I will have to look into Elfcrafters. I have had elastic shoes get loose too. Very frustrating! Especially when you think how much some of those little heels cost!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I have a pair of doll shoes with a maker mark on sole. The initial W with a crown above it. Can’t find the maker anywhere!
Thanks
Barb.

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Barb,
Go to dollreference.com there are a couple doll brands with this mark. Without a photo I could not guess which one matches your shoe. I hope this helps.
Hugs
Brenda