My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, April 27, 2020

Uneeda Bob Doll


So, I am being further drawn into 
the world of small fashion dolls.
This is Bob made by the 
Uneeda Doll Company.
This is the photo from his eBay ad.
I was attracted to him because he
had his whole suit! Sadly no shoes.

You may know the Uneeda brand from 
their Dollikin Doll line.

They also made these troll dolls from the 70s.
They are still in business but
mostly make baby dolls now.

Uneeda doll brand made the 10"
Suzette and her boyfriend Bob. 

My Bob will be renamed Jonathan.
I know, I named a doll on my own!
Here is Jonathan right out of the box.

Jon's hair is very faded.  
He looks like he's losing his hair.

He has some stains on his torso.
Hopefully the magic eraser will take these off.

Here are his slacks and jacket.
They are in great shape.

His shirt was pretty rumpled and there
was an area at the shoulder that was fraying.

And there was an underarm stain.
I know, curious.

Jon and his clothes were all washed.
Then I freshened up Jon's hair
and face. I darkened his eyebrows
and made them a little more masculine.

Jon's hair was repainted.
He looks much better.

Jon  just needed a tie and shoes.
The tie was easy.  The yellow tie is made from 
1/2 inch bias tape.  The tip is just trimmed
and finished with fray-check.
The black tie was less successful made 
from satin ribbon.

I have ordered these shoes for Jon.
They have been shipped but not arrived yet,
but I couldn't wait to show you how 
Jon looks now!

HERE HE IS!!

Looking good handsome!

And a side view.

Before and After

Julia and Jonathan.

Julia, Jonathan and Amanda.

Welcome to the Savage Pea Jonathan!
PS - I made the girls dresses too!

17 comments:

Xanadu said...

Hi Brenda!
I remember those trolls, they were quite the rage at the time. I'd even heard of Suzette, but I hadn't heard of the Dollikin Doll, one learns something new every day! :)

You did a wonderful job once again with your make over, I like Jon he's very handsome and he makes a wonderful companion for both the girls.
Big hugs,
X

lil red hen said...

Jonathan is another amazing transformation! After his "bath" he looks new and fits right in with the girls. The clothes are wonderful as well.

Dorothy In PA said...

What a handsome young man. He looks like he is smiling now. Well, of course, he is standing between two beautiful women. I look forward to hearing more about his adventures.

Doreen, Arkansas said...

Brenda, You sure have been busy. Love the addition of Jon. You fixed him up handsomely, what a difference.
HOw about the girls dresses? Have you been sewing for them? Love both of their dresses and head pieces.
Having such fun during the lockdown! Thanks for sharing this surprise addition.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Xanadu!

The 19" Dollikin dolls with jointed legs are quite big with collectors. She was a competitor with the Madame Alexander Cissy dolls. They are really lovely dolls. I definitely remember the Troll dolls! I wanted one so bad and I never got one.

I'm very pleased with how Jon came out. I may do a bit more work on his hair, but overall very pleased.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Charlotte, (Lil Red Hen)

I chose Jon because he had his suit. Sewing clothes like his would be a little beyond my skills! I was happy how well his tie worked out. I think in his original outfit he actually had a bow tie. I may try to add this to his wardrobe.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Dorothy!

Jon is very pleased to have moved into our neighborhood. He is already fast friends with Julia and Amanda. I am sure they will be having lots of fun and adventures.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Doreen!

I am pleased with Jon's makeover. Yes, I did make the girls dresses. When I made Jon's yellow tie I knew the girls needed some Spring dresses to match. I have been trying to stay busy during lock-down. I am constantly looking for things to keep myself busy. I'm sure we are all in the same boat!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda Jonathan looks very handsome and dapper in his new outfit.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Jonathan looks very good in his suit. He is a handsome guy. You did a good job on him.
Marion

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
Jonathan looks like new!Even his suit looks brighter with the yellow tie.
The tiny shoes are going to be perfect.I hope they arrive soon.
The girls dresses look lovely too.I love the spring colours.
Your lockdown projects have been amazing and fun to see.Thank you!
Keep safe
Anna

Anonymous said...

Jonathan looks like a new man. He sure is handsome. Nice job once again Brenda.
Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan!

I think Jon looks a good deal better. His suit just needed a wash and press. Amazing what a difference good pressing makes.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marion,

I think Jonathan looks very handsome too. I am very pleased with him myself!

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thanks Anna!

I must admit I am very happy with the results. Jon's tie was a success. I had made ties for dolls previously, never this small before though! I am very excited to get his new shoes. I will add a photo when they arrive. I knew the girls would need some new dresses to match Jon's tie, so I did some sewing. I am pleased that my blog can relives some lock-down boredom!

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marilyn,

I always like a makeover. I agree, I think he does look almost new! It was fun doing a boy for a change too.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Linda!

I must admit I am very happy with Jonathan. He looks so much better. He was so faded and sad looking. I chose Jon because he had his suit. My sewing is not up to making small men's suit pieces! Haha, yes I was thinking about how 2 girls and 1 boy will make for some drama! I may have to do something about that...hmm

Hugs
Brneda