My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Monday, May 04, 2020

10.5" Fashion Doll Party!

As I have already mentioned, I was LURED
into getting 2 new dolls by my friend Janet.
I first found Little Miss Revlon, Julia and 
American Character Amanda. 
Then Jonathan, an Uneeda Bob doll,
 came along too.

Well, Julia and Amanda wanted to 
have a fashion show with all
their new friends.

The following dolls all belong to my friend Janet
Janet also started a Little Miss Revlon and Friends IO group.
This is an online doll club! Here is the link:
Little Miss Revlon and Friends

There are many 10" fashion dolls that came out in the 1950s.
This will give you all an idea of the variety
of looks and hair styles of the different doll makers.
So, Enjoy Janet's beautiful 10" fashion dolls!

Oh, and yes, Janet knitted all their little
sheath dresses and made all their accessories!

Little Miss Revlon, Kathleen in a blue sheath dress.

Roberta and Patty
Roberta is an American Character Toni doll.
Patty is a Little Miss Revlon.
Patty is wearing an original Revlon dress.

Little Miss Revlon, Dru in a real fur jacket.

Madame Alexander Cissette, Christine.
Oo la la, I love her scarf! Love the bag !
love it all!

Madame Alexander Cissette, Kathryn.
These Cissettes look so lovely in green.

Ann Marie in red, white and blue.
Ann Marie is a Nancy Ann Doll.
Her dress is a tagged Nancy Ann dress!

Little Miss Revlon, Lydia.
The headpiece and purse are adorable!
Definitely one of my favorites!
Her hair is beautiful!


Judy, Norah and Kathleen.
Looks like these girls are ready to go shopping.
Judy is a Circle P doll.  Norah is also a Circle P doll, 
but sold by Montgomery Ward as Laurie.

Montgomery Ward and Sears, as well as other stores,
frequently made deals with toy manufacturers 
to have a special doll or toy ONLY
available in their stores or through their catalogs. 
Norah the Circle P doll was one of these special purchase dolls.
This 1960 Montgomery Ward catalog ad shows 
American Character Toni dolls 
and Little Miss Revlon dolls sold for
$2.82!

Patty and Ronnie
What is he whispering?
Ronnie is a Vogue Jeff Doll.
WE will be hearing more about these
boyfriend dolls in the future.

Patty, ready for a Christmas party.

And a lovely gift from Janet for my Julia,
a knitted sheath dress with petite 
embroidered accents around the collar.

We hope you have enjoyed seeing Janet's dolls
as much as we have enjoyed sharing them with you!

15 comments:

Janet said...

Hello Brenda,,

I am delighted to haveso many of my dolls spotlighted here on your blog.
I've been collecting them for quite a few years, and none of them are Mint. I love the ones that have been pre-loved, and miss having someone to care for them once again Well, that someone is me. I buy, I knit, and I sew clothes and create accessories. I do have a few things that other doll friends have given me over the years. Sharing doll clothes is like being a kid all over again. It's why i sent Julia a knit dress to welcome her in to our world.

And for the record, I did not LURE you into this doll world, I just opened the door, and you fell right in!

I hope lots of your readers enjoy the show, and will join in with theirs, We can't be the only two grown women who collect these dolls. I'd be happy to have any of them join the IO group. We do have fun there - it's like playing dolls with a lot of friends.

Janet

Dorothy In PA said...

I have so enjoyed this fashion show. My favorite outfit is the Revlon pink striped dress. These dolls are adorable and new to me. I am learning about them through this blog.

I too have a "Janet" in my life who has gotten me interested in collecting dolls. I always had dolls (childhood dolls) but I didn't start collecting until I saw the dolls my friend had. Now I have a collection of Little Darlings and Bonekas. I don't even want to say how many 18 inch dolls I have (laugh).

I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the fashion fellows.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Janet for sharing your dolls with all of us. YOU are right, you did not LURE me, I did fall in love with these little ladies. In all honesty it doesn't take much for me to want a new doll. HAHA! The Little Miss Revlon group has been so fun! I do hope some other readers might look into it and decide to join. It is like playing dolls with friends!

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Dorothy!

I am so pleased you are enjoying the blog post. Janet and I have been sending photos and descriptions back and forth across the country. It has been so fun to see all her dolls and the dolls in the Little Miss Revlon group.

The Little Darlings are, well, DARLING! I too had many 18" dolls. I have thinned my collection back to our original 5 though. I love my AG dolls.

YES! The fellows are next, but I think I might go in a different direction first then come back to them....

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Linda!

Aw, I do that sometimes, thin my collection then sadly regret selling certain dolls. Sigh.
I am so pleased you enjoyed all Janet's dolls. She has quite a collection - all very lovely. We both wanted to show that even older dolls can be so much fun!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Thank you Brenda for sharing Janet's wonderful collection. Janet Thank You for allowing Brenda to show her readers your beautiful dolls and your creative talent. My favorite are Roberta and Patty.
Joan

Janet said...

Hello Brenda,

How gratifying it is to hear from your readers, that they enjoyed seeing my dolls, particularly the peopel who don't have these dolls.

I, too, love many different dolls, but I do have to control myself a bit!
And if your readers visit again, they may see more of my Little Miss Revlons and their friends. These are only some of them!

And then i do have a few of the beaus! Stay tuned or visit the IO grouup.

Janet

Anonymous said...

Brenda this is a wonderful post. Janet has a wonderful collection of Revlon dolls. I love all the beautiful outfits. The purple photo is my favorite. Janet you are very talented.
Marion

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan,

I have had fun doing this post with Janet. She is so talented creating outfits for her dolls.
I like Roberta and Patty too. My definite favorite is Lydia, so pretty in lavender and I love her hair.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Hello Janet,

It is gratifying isn't it? That is what I love about having a blog. I get to share with all my friends how much fun it is to play dolls.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thanks Marion,

You and I are in agreement. The doll you like in the lavender outfit is my favorite too. That is Lydia and she is stunning! So glad yo stopped in and enjoyed our show.

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda thank you for sharing Janet's dolls. They are all so lovely as are the outfits. I like Lydia's outfit and also what Roberta and Patty are wearing. My favorite doll has to be Kathleen since that is my favorite name, I even chose it for my Confirmation name.
Marilyn

Xanadu said...

What a wonderful fashion show you both brought together for us. Very enjoyable post Brenda! I love what you do with all these vintage dolls, you really bring them to life. :)
Big hugs,
X

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marilyn!

I really like Lydia, I need to ask Janet how she got her hair SO pretty! I like the dresses Roberta and Patty are wearing too.

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Xanadu!

I do enjoy these dolls. Most of these are my friend Janet's dolls. Only the first and last photos are mine. Janet has a Little Miss Revlon group. They have a lot of fun dressing and sharing photos of their dolls. I'm really glad you enjoyed them!

Hugs
Brenda