My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, September 06, 2020

A Labor Day Fashion Show

 My Grandmother always told me never wear white after Labor Day.  This made me think it would be fun to have a white dress fashion show!  So here we go...

I will start with Ann.  This is a dress
you may have seen other dolls wearing in past posts.
This dress actually fits Ann best.

This is a vintage white organza dress from the 1930s or 40s.

This is another vintage organza dress

I tried this on several dolls, but decided
it would be a christening gown for 
Sophia.

This little dress has an eyelet bodice and organza skirt. 
It fits Shirley perfectly.
It needs a few holes fixed, but I
 just wanted to include it even though it
still needs work.

Here is a detail of the front.
It has these tiny embroidered details I love.

This is Emma, wearing a dress I made during a 
Regency stage I went through.

Here is a close-up of the bodice.

Joan is wearing a recent find.
It is a softer fabric than the organza dresses.
It is definitely vintage and looks like
the same era as Joan, late 30s to early 40s.

Here is a close-up of the neckline.
So sweet!

This is Charlotte in her original dress.
One of my favorite dresses!

Patsy just got this new dress and hat set.
I know it is not totally white, but I wanted
to include it.

So cute!

This is Grace who started ALL my
doll collecting.
She is my daughter's first AG doll.
Grace is wearing the rare white dress that
came on the Gwen Thompson AG doll.
Gwen was a friend of Chrissa the 
2009 Girl of the Year.

AND, one more white organza dress.
This is my Grandmother in 1930.
She was 10 years old.

Thank you for coming to our Fashion Show!

AND
Happy Labor Day!

14 comments:

Xanadu said...

They are all lovely dresses Brenda and so are the little dolls wearing them. It's not very often one sees organza dresses these days and it's such a shame as it's a beautiful fabric.
Big hugs,
X

Savagebd said...

Thank you Xanadu,

I agree, there is something about these little organza dresses. They are a tiny bit sheer and ethereal. The older dresses are softer, but still have that special something. You reminded me of one more white dress I wanted to add to this post!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Thank You for the white fashion show. Ann is a cutie but Joan is my favorite.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Patsy you look adorable in your new dress and hat outfit. Thank You girls for the fashion show.
HAPPY LABOR DAY
Marion

Anonymous said...

Nice fashion show young ladies. You all look lovely. Brenda, your grandmother is beautiful.
HAPPY LABOR DAY TO ALL
Marilyn

Savagebd said...

Thank you Joan,

I am so glad you enjoyed our Fashion Show. Ann is quite lovely, I agree, but Joan is a favorite of mine as well. (shh don't tell anyone)

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marion,

I am very happy with my new dress and hat. I haven't had a new dress for a LONG time.
Hugs
Patsy

OK Patsy, not true, you just recently got an entire pink ensemble, remember?

Hugs
Brenda

Savagebd said...

Thank you Marilyn,

All the girls say "Thank You". They all enjoy showing off their dresses.
My Grandmother was a very lovely and special person. She too was a doll lover. Something we had in common.

Happy Labor Day!

Hugs
Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

You have the best fashion shows! I love the white dresses on the girls.

How wonderful that you have a photo of your grandmother as a young girl. What a treasure that is.

Savagebd said...

Thank you Dorothy,

We love having fashion shows. When I was a girl, I wanted to have more doll dresses SO much! I only had 2 dresses. So now I have a dresser FULL of doll dresses. So what else can I do, but have fashion shows? Hehe.

I love that photo of my Grandma. She too was a doll lover. I still have a tiny china head doll that belonged to her. This doll is only about 6" tall and she is wearing her original satin wedding dress.

Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

I had quite a few dolls as a girl, but very few of them had extra dresses - only Tiny Tears came with a suitcase full of things, And, oh, boy, did I ever play with her!
Now, all my dolls have extra clothes. I love to see a fashion show - the white theme is so pretty. I love the way you took care of Charlotte's original dress - a delicate dress and a carinng save!

The picture of your Grandmother at 10 is an absolute treasure. I have very few pictures of my grandma, but none are from her childhood. Hw lucky you are to have this .

Janet

Savagebd said...

Thank you Janet,

All my dolls have extra clothes too! That is the joy of being an adult doll lover, hehe, we can make or buy all the doll clothes we like. :)

I am SO pleased with how Charlotte's dress came out. I love restoring in any case, but this one was special.

I do love this photo of my Grandma. It actually hangs in my compo doll room. I thought it was appropriate.

Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
I love your last three posts.Beth and Helena have a lovely little home and are the perfect hostesses.You are so lucky to be able to find and make such lovely furnishings suited to their size.
The back to school post is wonderful too.I love all the uniforms and details in the classroom.Miss Emily looks like the kindest teacher,the sort everybody wants.The girls all look like they will enjoy school and must be glad to be back!
The Labour day fashion show is just beautiful.I love the vintage dresses and the girls all look so sweet in white.
Thanks for your posts I always look forward to them.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Oh thank you Anna!

I am so pleased that you enjoy my blog posts. I enjoy sharing with all my doll-loving friends. I am glad you found The Savage Pea Anna.

Hugs
Brenda