My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

The Benefits of Sharing...

Who is this beautiful girl?
Well, she is an Effanbee Patsy Ann
for starters and she belongs to 
Jane Gurley Hansel.

Let me tell you how her photo came to me.

Awhile back, I found my Patsy Joan, Charlotte.
She was wearing this original dress
which I refreshed and restored.

One of my online Composition Doll Club friends
Karen Keen
asked if I could possibly make a pattern
from this dress to share as it seemed to
be an original vintage design.

Lo and behold Karen had made this dress
for my Charlotte as a thank you!
Thank you Karen.

So, on Valentine's Day I posted
this photo of Charlotte wearing her dress
on one of my online doll clubs.

Imagine my joy when
Jane Gurley Hansel
posted images of her darling Patsy Ann
wearing a dress she made from this pattern
that she also found here on my blog!!

Here are some more photos
of Jane's Patsy Ann
ENJOY!

So mischievous!

So precious.

Love that bonnet!!

This fabric is adorable.

Aww, sweet girl.

Thank you so much for sharing Patsy Ann
with us Jane.  It really made my day.
It is indeed true that sharing 
is the greatest gift!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

PS - if you want to share photos of your dolls, 
especially if you too make this dress, or
any photos of your dolls,
 this is the blog email:
thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

4 comments:

mountainspring said...

Oh Brenda! Thank you for this post! You and other encouraging souls have helped and inspired me more than you can imagine this last year!! I love your Patsy Joan in her beautiful little dress. I had to try the pattern for my Patsy Ann and love it. I rven found vintage dimity fabric for it. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us!
Jane Gurley Hansel

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Jane!
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely pictures with me and allowing me to share them here. Most of my readers just LOVE a pretty compo girl and your Ann is adorable!! The fabric you found is lovely! I love it, such a pretty shade and soft pattern.
Thanks again for sharing with us.
Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda and Jane,
Patsy Ann looks so cute in her dress. I have a reproduction Ann and Joan that need new clothes. I think I will try the pattern on them. I agree with Jane, your sight is always inspiring Brenda. Thanks for sharing.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Hi Anna,
Thank you! I am so grateful Jane let me share her lovely pictures on here. Her Patsy Ann is so adorable and that dress fabric is to die for! I am so glad you enjoy my blog. The reason I started this blog was to show how easy it is to clean and restore dolls. Sharing this pattern has brought me so much enjoyment, seeing how people create new dresses with it. It is really a pretty simple dress. I hope you share whatever you create with us. I am going to add the blog email at the bottom of this post.
Hugs
Brenda