My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Friday, March 19, 2021

A Swap, a Gift and a Fashion Show

I am a member of "Little Miss Revlon and Friends"
This is the link below:
This is one of the online doll clubs I am part of.

One of the fun things we do is have "swaps".
We swap tops, or bottoms, or accessories. 
You get the idea.

Our latest swap was for bottoms.
You could swap a skirt or slacks.

I made this skirt and I sent it to my swap friend
and waited for my surprise swap to arrive!

This lovely eyelet skirt is what I recieved for the swap!

How cute is that?!?

After the swap a name is pulled out of a hat.
The winner got the lovely pieces above!
THAT WAS ME!
 
These were all made by our
moderator, Janet.
A Bandeau Hat,
Matching Handbag
and Matching Lingerie.

Look at the beading detail on this hat.

I decided to create a sheath dress to match 
my new accessories.
I like this fuschia pink fabric.

I started with this bodice pattern.
I cut out a long length from the bottom.

This is how the dress came out.
Pretty basic, right?

Here it is on my Miss Revlon.
Not too bad, but it needs some beading.

I did a little beading around the collar.
I tried to use the same color beads
to match my new accessories.

Want to see it all put together?


Here is the whole outfit.

Look at the lovely details on this
bandeau hat.

The back.

Julia is ready for an evening out.

Jonathan is happy to oblige!
Have fun you two.

For your further enjoyment
here is our 
Little Miss Revlon and Friends

  Swap Fashion Show!

Some top swaps, some bottom swaps,
 and some combinations of both together.

Red slacks from Karen to Janet
Red polka dot top from Mary to Janet

Knit top to Karen from Janet

Eyelet skirt from Jenny to Brenda

Red polka dot top from Mary to Janet
Red slacks from Karen to Janet

Pink plaid skirt to Karen from Brenda

Purple gingham skirt from Janet to Mary.

Knit top from Karen to Sandy

Knit skirt from Doris to Sandy

Vintage LMR silk skirt to Jenny from Sandy

Silk skirt from Mary to Susan

Jeans from Susan to Doris

Peasant blouse from Brenda to Mary

Knit top from Jenny to Doris

I hope you enjoyed the show
as much as we enjoyed our swaps!

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Brenda, your simple fuchsia sheath dress is a perfect complement to the accessories! I love the simple added beading detail, just enough!
The swaps are a lot of fun, and creative inspiration.
Jenny :-)

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Jenny,

This post was so much fun! I am really happy to have received the swap prize. I’m glad you think my sheath dress compliments the hat and purse.

I agree the swaps do inspire creativity. I really enjoy them!

Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
it's so neat to see all your lovely photo's.
The swap looks like it is so much fun. I love seeing how everyone puts outfits together with their new pieces.
Your prize pieces are beautiful and the new pink dress looks stunning with them.
Anna

Susan J in IL said...

Brenda, you have such a talent for this storytelling with pictures - it is such a treat to scroll along and see the unspooling of these delightful surprises. Even when I think I know what's coming, there's a fresh perspective for me to love. I appreciated multiple close-up photos of Janet's creations. She has such a fabulous eye for putting together colors and textures, and your sheath dress is absolutely the perfect complement to those accessories. (Fuchsia and teal are among my favorites for doll clothing - they can be both elegant and eye-popping, and are beautiful together.) And I enjoyed seeing the new dress as a work-in-progress... for me, the joy of dolls is the creative process they provide and your abundance of creativity is evident!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Anna,

The swaps are a lot of fun. I love surprises and everyone does such an amazing job creating new outfits with their swap pieces. I must admit the dress I made came out much better than I had anticipated. I do sometimes just start cutting something out without knowing if it will work!

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Susan,

I am pleased with how my little dress came out. It was definitely a ‘I hope this works’ kind of project! I agree with you that the joy of dolls is creating clothes and accessories for them. Janet’s creations are amazing. I love all the beading she does. You are so right about the fuchsia and teal. It really looks great together.

Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

Hello Brenda,

I am so pleased to see the Swap Show . Each time we did this I was so pleased , whatever i got inspired me to create a new outfit, or add some different accessories !
I love getting to "play Dolls" with my doll friends, and our group will continue to swap - it inspires all of us!

I really love the fuchsia sheath you made - the open back was such a surprise - very dramatic! The color really brings out the accent colors in the hat and purse.

Thank you for featuring this fun time!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,

The swaps are so much fun. I enjoy them so much. I enjoy seeing how everyone creates outfits and accessories for their new pieces. I am pleased with how my dress came out. I really made it up as I went along.

I had fun with this post not just showing some of our swaps but all the dolls of those who took part.

Hugs
Brenda

lil red hen said...

Swaps ~ so much fun for all you doll lovers! The knit pieces are some of my favorites as well as the peasant blouse and the eyelet skirt. You sure a talented group!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Charlotte,

The swaps are a lot of fun. I like the knots too. I wish I was a better knitter, but I am learning how to crochet with thread. The thread is a better weight for these 10” dolls. I am glad you enjoyed our swap!

Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

How fun! Love your pictures as always and your dress came out so beautifully! What a complement to Janet's lovely beaded hat and purse!

Thank you for sharing your hobby here!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,

So glad you enjoyed all the pictures. I am happy with how my dress came out. I really had no plan. Janet’s hats and accessories are a treat. I am so happy with my prizes!

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Linda,

I am always do happy when my friends here enjoy my posts. I love my new eyelet skirt, so perfect for spring. The back of my dress was a surprise to me too. I had no real plan when I cut it out so I am happy it worked at all! Haha. I am pleased with how my simple sheath dress complements Janet’s hat and purse. It is such a fun group.

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...


Thank you Anna,

The swaps are a lot of fun. I love surprises and everyone does such an amazing job creating new outfits with their swap pieces. I must admit the dress I made came out much better than I had anticipated. I do sometimes just start cutting something out without knowing if it will work!

Hugs
Brenda

Janet said...

HI Brenda,
Just diving right in is a creative way to make something unique. No pattern or plan, just seeing where it will go! That's how i design the hats - I pull out fabric and cut , and then start assembling. Then comes the beads, ribbons, flowers, whatever seems to work!

I love that Fuchsia dress with the hat and purse, great touch with the beaded neckline!

Janet

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Janet,
I do dive in quite a bit, haha! I sometimes get myself into a pickle that way, but I usually pull something out of my hat. I musst admit, the fuschia dress worked better than I could have imagined. The beads were a definite after thought. The dress was too plain and needed something to tie it to the hat you designed.
Hugs
Brenda