My Dolls Click image to go to post

My Dolls Click image to go to post
Click image to see my favorite dolls. Email me at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Sunday, March 07, 2021

Doll Room Tour 2021

 

Welcome to the 2021 Savage Pea Doll Room Tour!

My Doll Room is in the finished attic space of my house.
Some of my family made quilts are displayed
on the railing as you go up.

Directly across from the stairs is a little
wardrobe that holds, guess what?
Yes, Doll Clothes.

As you turn to the left you can see a baby cradle.
That is my Madame Alexander Puddin, and
some of my Raggedy Ann dolls.

As you continue turning to the left, you can see 
this big dresser. This dresser also
holds doll clothes.

This is Shirley Temple's drawer.

And this is a drawer of doll hats.

On top is Sophie's room and....

On the left is my china baby Ellen.  You can also see
my "Patsy Ann" book and a favorite book from my childhood
"Album of Horses".

China Baby Ellen was hand-painted by my 
Grandmother. She is wearing a new
handkerchief bonnet I made to match her
handkerchief christening gown.

As you continue to circle left you can see a
glass fronted secretary. This cabinet belonged
 to my Grandmother, who was also a doll lover.
(the same Grandmother who painted Ellen)

I don't think she would have minded in the least
that I turned it into my Little Miss Revlon
Townhouse.

Amanda on the left is an American Character Toni.
On the right is my Little Miss Revlon Julia.
And of course their poodle Misty.

Continue turning left and you see the stair rail.

and across from the stir rail is this closet.

Behind the doors is my Glamour Doll room
Where my Madame Alexander Cissy and my
two Miss Revlon dolls live.
Wait, where are they?
It's also where I store a lot of hanging dresses.

Close-up of the side table.
That's my mon's high school portrait
in the frame

Here is the girls dressing table.
I made the table and the lamp.

Keep turning left and you see another 
glass fronted cabinet.

On top is "Baby So Beautiful"
Sophia.

Inside the cabinet is a townhouse
for my Patsyette Dolls.

Now you enter my sewing and craft area.

The top of my bookcase holds my china head dolls
and photos of my kids.

To the left of my bookcase is my remnant bin, notions
 and ironing area.

As as we continue to the left you can see my 
Beatrix Potter Barbie
and more sewing and craft bins.

At the end of my sewing table are all
my doll hat making supplies.

From my sewing area as you look back towards the stairs,
you can see a little hidden corner.

A little cozy spot under the eaves.

On the right looking down are my Patsy Dolls.

Above their room is a portrait of my Grandmother
when she was 10 years old taken in 1931.

To the right of the bed is this little hanging rack.
The tutu was mine from my childhood.
(handmade by my mother)
The little black floral dress belonged to 
my Grandmother's china doll that was broken when 
she was a little girl!

On the other side of the room is our big

Here are my two Miss Revlon Dolls, Emily and Marylou
having a chat with Molly.

As you exit the hidden corner you see some more
of my Raggedy Ann dolls.

And that is the end of our tour.
OH WAIT!

Can't forget my Mom's lovely Highschool portrait.
Hi Mom!
(Mom just celebrated her 80th birthday!)

Thank you for joining us,
We hope you enjoyed the tour!


19 comments:

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Linda,

You know my Mom's name is Linda? It is one of my favorite names. My doll room is a real escape and retreat for me. I love sharing my dolls and doll rooms. I am so glad you enjoyed it.

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda your tour is beautiful. Lovely photos of your grandmother and mother.
Joan

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Joan,

I love spending time in my doll room and sharing it with my friends here. I love the portraits of my Mom and Grandma. I know my Grandma would love this doll room as much as I do.

Hugs
Brenda

Anna said...

Hi Brenda,
Your doll room is lovely. I love all the detail and the way you mix old and new and add the personal touches of family photo's too.
Each of your dolls must feel truly blessed to have been found by you and living there!
I hope your Mum had a wonderful Birthday.
Anna

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Anna,

It makes me happy to see all my favorite things and favorite people all in one fun space. I definitely love dolls from my Grandma’s and my Mom’s eras 1930s and 1950s. All I collect reminds me of the people I love. I suppose I It’s about memories isn’t it?

She did have a nice birthday! Thank you.

Hugs
Brenda

Maryn said...

Your doll room is just beautiful! I love the pictures of your Mom and Grandma--and also your kids! Thanks so much for sharing it here with us. It's an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Brenda you have such a way with decorating and displaying the dolls and other things. It makes me want to jump in the doll's mini house and visit.
Marion

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Maryn,

It makes me so happy to share all my favorite things with my friends. Dolls of course and family and all the memories that they bring.

Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marion,

I am so pleased you’ve enjoyed seeing my room again. It’s amazing how much the doll room changes from year to year. I admit I love creating mini homes and rooms for all my dolls. I wish we could all jump through our computer screens and play dolls too.

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Brenda, you never cease to amaze me. The rooms are lovely. I love the way you have everything organized. This entire area is so inviting. I could stay and play with your dolls for hours on end. Thank you for sharing.
Marilyn

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Marilyn,

It makes me so happy to know you enjoyed the tour. My doll room is a great retreat for me and I love sharing it with my friends. I do so wish we could all have a doll play date!

Hugs
Brenda

Dorothy In PA said...

What a fun tour! I remember some of the doll children from last year's tour. If I remember correctly, a few of them were tour guides.

You space is so lovely. I can see how creativity happens there. And, or course, the doll cheer you on.

Happy Women's History Month!

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Dorothy,

I love my doll rooms. Yes, the American Girl Dolls did a tour of their house not too long ago. Their house is so big and has a lot in it. It needs its own separate tour. I do think that having an inviting space does help my creativity and the dolls definitely cheer me on. (Especially when it means they get a new dress or accessories!

Hugs
Brenda

lil red hen said...

Brenda, I always love seeing your sweet dolls and the wonderful tours of their living quarters. Aren't you the lucky one to have the big room to set this out in view. Keep having fun!! Charlotte

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Charlotte,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the tour. Originally I had only planned on a single tour early in this blogs history. Looking back I can see so many changes and rearranging that took place. I do have fun with my doll room and love sharing with my friends.

Hugs
Brenda

Faye Kisker said...

Everything is so precious, Brenda. I loved seeing it all. I think it is so nice to honor your mother and grandmother in that way. Thanks for sharing.
Faye

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Faye,
I do love small and miniature things! Of course all those items are perfect for my dolls! You see how my world always comes full circle? hehe. My Grandmother was a doll lover and my Mom is my best friend. So I always want them to be part of what I love.
Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful !

Brenda Savage said...

Thank you Anonymous! I hope you come back and let us know your name!
Hugs
Brenda